Timestamp on Server

What does JodoHost do to make sure that the servers have a correct time stamp on them?

Some of my sites have stopped working with Authorize.net's SIM method because the time stamp is more than 15 minutes out of sync with their servers. I originally thought that the error was because I was not accounting for Daylight savings, but the time stamp is only 22 minutes off.

This is the results I got when I testing my timestamp value against theirs. The time stamp is in Seconds since 12am January 1, 1970:
Your timestamp = 1300291202 seconds.
The Authorize.Net system timestamp is 1300289858 seconds.
The difference is 1344 seconds.

What does JodoHost do to make sure that the servers have a correct time stamp on them?

Some of my sites have stopped working with Authorize.net's SIM method because the time stamp is more than 15 minutes out of sync with their servers. I originally thought that the error was because I was not accounting for Daylight savings, but the time stamp is only 22 minutes off.

This is the results I got when I testing my timestamp value against theirs. The time stamp is in Seconds since 12am January 1, 1970:
Your timestamp = 1300291202 seconds.
The Authorize.Net system timestamp is 1300289858 seconds.
The difference is 1344 seconds.

We use NTP time servers to ensure that time is correct, it is a bit weird to have one off like this but I did notice it once in the past between NTP checks that one was drifting, can you send me a PM with domain/server name here I'll check it and if needed I'll ensure a more frequent NTP check, some of them are only weekly.

time is good on the server, there seems to be a tick sync issue in some hypervisors, I am researching if we can do anything to correct it. The timestamp ITSELF is just fine but the ticks are off.

I haven't found a way to correct this but have a windows 2003 server coming online that is not a cloud server, so no hypervisor running on it. It will be a special purpose server for cases like this when needed.

It should be ready to take clients by monday if others see it, this is for cluster1, we'll do one for Cluster2 if needed as well.

Back