Transferring MSSQL2005 DB from another host?

Phurion

Perch
I have a backup of my MSSQL2005 database from my previous provider. I've created both a database and a database user in my control panel, but I can't seem to find a way to restore my backup file to the new database here at JodoHost.

Is that something I can do, or do I need to open a support ticket to have it done?

Best to open a support ticket and we will process it for you, I am working on trying to get/modify a software to work with the hsphere methods of making mssql databases that don't have DBO perissions by default.

On the ticket also ask to have DBO permissions granted.

have looked at yes, but they aren't too find of hsphere :D Not saying it WON'T work, but not exactly a good fit.

I opened a ticket a couple of hours ago.

What's the average response time for something like this?

I'll be uploading my portal framework pages later this afternoon and it would be nice to have the database already in place.

Where did you send the ticket? I don't see any open ticket there, do you have a ticket ID from the auto reply?

1 hour is typical, but as I said I don't see it there.

:D

Found the issue, you mailed the ticket from the client CP, and it made a ticket within your own reseller helpdesk. (I logged into your reseller account to see this)

you need to put this ticket into the our reseller support desk information for that is here:

http://www.jodohost.com/help.asp

See the information for After June 23rd.

I restored your DB from the info given there, next time submit with the info given in the previous post and we will do it more quickly for you :) (note i can't reply to the ticket in your ticket system)

Ah, ok. Gotcha.

I just tried submitting a ticket via the correct channel (before I saw that you'd already restored my db), and it didn't seem to work. I tried attaching the .bak file to the ticket twice, but the ticket never showed up in the queue.

Just FYI...

Thanks for the help Stephen!

it won't accept a 9.6MB file on that ticket desk, it's best just to tell us that you have uploaded it to your FTP root and we will grab it for you.

Can't seem to connect to the db via SQL manager now. I could before the restore, and I've made sure the sql accounts were correct, but after I enter my ftp login/password the ASP.NET sql manager loads with "Login Failed".

Any suggestions?

Possibly you had differnet users than the hsphere system, I will login and check that the hpshere user is DBO and it should work.

Sounds good.

Also, I noticed in another post you recommended something called "Aqua Data Studio"? Does that mean we can connect remotely with other SQL admin tools, like Enterprise Manager? That would be awesome if we can.

I think it is corrected now but you have two logins, so not sure which one, I think both are correct now however.

Yes you can use SQL Management Studio or Aqua Data Studio, www.aquafold.com

Phurion, bak files compress quite well when zipped. :)

Don't you love the support around here? Good luck with the project Stephen, let us know how it goes!

Back