trouble getting custom tag to work

megan

Perch
Hi - I wanted to use a custom tag for stats for my client so they would not be logging into the web admin and maybe messing with things. The tag (statistex) works fine on my local machine which is cf5, but on this server while it does not throw an error, no variables seem to be being passed to the tag that I can see. the directory for the tag is in the web root. I have added Clientstorage="Cookie" to the application tag and have tried calling the tag 3 ways:

<cfmodule template="/tagdirectory/stats/statistex.cfm">

<cfinclude template="/tagdirectory/stats/statistex.cfm">

<cfimport taglib="tagdirectory/stats/" prefix="tag">

<tag:statistex>

</tag:statistex>

All 3 ways seem to find the tag (there is no error stating it isn't found) but noting gets inserted into the db - does anyone have a clue as to how I might find out what is wrong??? thanks, megan

I just checked online and did not find a lot of info on the tag, is it supposed to work in cfmx6/7?

Thanks for the reply - that's the problem, it is something I purchased a while ago and never did anything with now that I want to use it, the tag author's site is no more and I can't even find his name online except in a couple of old places - I am sure the tag was written before mx, but before I threw in the towel and gave up, I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas. thanks, megan

Assuming that the tag's code is in the same directory as the code try doing a standard cf_statis call.

Is the tag code encrypted? Can you post it somewhere?

Hi - I did try the regular <cf_statistex> call in the same directory (sorry forgot to post that one) but still no passing of variables and unfortunately all the files are encrypted so I guess I will just go ahead and get a more uptodate tag as all the time this has cost me has more than eaten up any $ I might have saved. thanks for all your suggestions, megan

megan said:
Hi - I did try the regular <cf_statistex> call in the same directory (sorry forgot to post that one) but still no passing of variables and unfortunately all the files are encrypted so I guess I will just go ahead and get a more uptodate tag as all the time this has cost me has more than eaten up any $ I might have saved. thanks for all your suggestions, megan
Before you do that, email me at [email protected] and we can look at the tag to see what can be done to get this one working for you.

Hatton

Hatton,

You know how to contact me, if we need to do something to get this working just let me know.

Back