Unable to check e-mail using Control panel

After login to Control panel default page looks OK and loads fast as usual. But Control panel is freezing when I'm clicking on e-mail or web mail icon. Please help!
Thanks!

Try going to mail.yourdomain.com and logging in manually with your email address and password.

same thing happens to me - I fact I have started a thread here. Sounds like it MIGHT be the same issue I am having. can you connect to the mailserver from your PC directly?

Hey,

I checked the mail thru the web, imap and pop3. Everything checks out find on my end.

Can you ping it?

Hope your issue gets resolved asap.

your post is not only a waste of bytes on a storage device, but a waste of bandwidth all over the internet.

So was your post..
We've already established that you're unable to connect to the mail server because of personal firewall or ISP problems. Then you post here pretending it's JodoHost's fault :rolleyes:

well I just had my ISP tech in my house. The goal was to confirm that the problem was NOT with my PC config, or any other software on my machines. We connect the tech's laptop directly to the cable modem and guess what. He could not connect either.

So - good news - the problem is not in my home. Bad news, everybody says the problem is every body else (Jodo blames my ISP, my ISP says nothing is wrong on their network). If this is not resolved soon I am going to have to find a new web server as it has now been 8 days since I have been able to access my e-mail. I have over 10 megs of e-mail waiting.... This really stinks.

Can you try going somewhere else and trying it, like a friend's house? It really does sound like something on your end. ISP techs aren't necessarily the best answer for troubleshooting these things.

If it was a Jodohost problem, there would be many more people with the same problem.

WebFire said:
Can you try going somewhere else and trying it, like a friend's house?

We have. No one around here can get to the server.

ISP techs aren't necessarily the best answer for troubleshooting these things.
I would agree. Their NOC is involved as well.

If it was a Jodohost problem, there would be many more people with the same problem.

This is, in fact, not true. If there is a router/firewall anywhere between me and Jodo's mail server that is blocking my IP (or range of IP's, or subnet) from getting to Jodo's IP then it would only effect the blocked IP's. This in fact sounds exactly like the problem. The issue is finding the firewall that is blocking. There are 12 hops from me to them.

bryanh said:
This is, in fact, not true. If there is a router/firewall anywhere between me and Jodo's mail server that is blocking my IP (or range of IP's, or subnet) from getting to Jodo's IP then it would only effect the blocked IP's. This in fact sounds exactly like the problem. The issue is finding the firewall that is blocking. There are 12 hops from me to them.

But unless it is a firewall on Jodohost's network, it still isn't their problem. I have dealt with an issue or two like this where an upstream provider for my ISP had DNS issues.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried unplugging your cable/dsl/wireless modem, and (if you have) a router, for 10 seconds and then plugging them back in?

bryanh said:
I don't think it's DNS as you cannot even get to the server via IP.

My point wasn't that it might be DNS, I was just saying that it can always be a problem with one of the hops. But if it isn't on Jodohost's network, their isn't much they can do about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All,

I just wanted to post an update. On 6/24/05 Jodo added an additional IP to their mail server. I had no problems connecting to that server. Because of this two things happened. One I was once again able to access my e-mail, but more importantly, I went back to my ISP and told them that the problem was most likely in their network.

After a lot of team work between Jodo and my ISP, I am happy to say that I am now able to connect to the Jodo mail server on the original IP address. It would seem that there was a "configuration" problem on my ISP's network.

Thank you Jodo for all your support. I will, and already have, suggested to others to use you service!!

Thank you
Bryan

bryanh said:
After a lot of team work between Jodo and my ISP, I am happy to say that I am now able to connect to the Jodo mail server on the original IP address. It would seem that there was a "configuration" problem on my ISP's network.

*cough* told you so *cough* :D

I don't really know how they manage it myself unfortunately. Apparently it's something rather exotic, seeing there are several big ISPs that have had a similar problem for quite a while and they all deny that there is a problem at first...

Good to see it's solved now though :)

Back