Uninstalling PLESK?

Okay, I think I've gotten to the point where Virtuozzo/PLESK and I may have to part ways. Tonight's challenge was the sudden inability to take backups in the power panel and a subsequent half-hang of the power panel -- I get the sense that Stephen has been spending valuable time with SWSoft on this and other issues, but I'm getting to the point where I spend more time worrying about how and when the damn thing will blow up or misfire than actually serving my clients; I think it'll be healthier for all of us if I bail on SWSoft's well-intentioned and slick but apparently seriously flawed management package...

Question is: can it be done? Is it possible to uninstall PLESK from a Windows server and continue w/o that layer and just use the traditional console tools? Or would it be back to square one and reinstall everything on a different account? :(

not really a way to uninstall but we can recrete the VPS for you and mount the old image for you to move files to a manually setup system.

I am not sure what problem you are having, but I do know SWsoft is working on a confirmed bug with the plesk migration tool(if that was you), their developers are working to fix that bug now. (We right now have 3 active pending tickets that are not minor with them, but the good thing is 995 of the time they come up with a fix promptly)

Back