userid and logon problem

I had a problem logging on and thought that I must have forgotten my password, BUT, it was not that - what had happened was I had accidently added a space character to the end of my userid. My reason for letting you know about this is that I would consider this a bug. On every other system I have used (or built) input fields are always trimmed of leading and trailing spaces before being validated. A huge amount of time can be wasted chasing down silly errors like this!
I realise this is a PSOFT problem not Jodo, you guys (and girls?) do a great job. Cheers...

While i agree, it can alert about a space character being there, it doesnt make much sense to implement any trim function in specifically user-authentication. I dont think you will find many that does this and I'm still to see one ( unless i'm missing an obvious one). Also it seems "space" is a valid password character.

For an obvious one that does not allow spaces in userids or passwords, howabout JodoHost on psoft/hspere :)

I have just tried changing my account password to either include spaces or have a trailing space - both where rejected by the change password app.

I also tried setting up a new account userid with spaces in or trailing - again both rejected, this time by the signup app.

So, if one can't setup userids or passwords with spaces, especially trailing spaces, then imho the signon input fields should be doing a trim. I am more convinced than ever that this is a bug, though not a serious one, just annoying if time has been wasted tracking down a problem that a simple trim would fix. Cheers...

I meant the one that trim space in passwords. Here Hsphere does seems to accept space in passwords( it shows a + sign) while actually not allowing it( as you mentioned). I'll pass this on to the Psoft team.

Back