Virtuozzo + HSPComplete!!!

Yash

Bass
OK, I got some exciting news. We have been negotiating with the guys at SWSOft for a while now and with some volume buying and hard bargaining, we will soon be able to offer Virtuozzo combined with HSPComplete to our customers and resellers for the lowest prices ever!

Basically, for customers it means that we'd now offer True VPS technology on our VPS plans. We plan to start by offering Linux VPS followed by Windows VPS shortly afterwards. The Virtuozzo platform is one of the most stable and proven VPS platforms out there. It offers true partitioning meaning that each customer truly gets a fixed amount of RAM and CPU time. They can restart and operate their VPS accounts like it was a dedicated server.

HSPComplete is one of the most well designed and feature-rich CP i've seen. It's meant to accompany Virtuozzo to provide a end-user control panel for VPS accounts, a Reseller control panel and automated provisionng and billing. The end-user CP would allow you to host websites without knowing linux or windows (something not possible with Hsphere VPS). End-users can easily deploy any of these packages from their CP: http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/hspcomplete/templates/apps

The reseller system for resellers would be different from HSphere however. Although you'd be given a full Reseller CP (which has a retail price of $200 per reseller), a number of preset packages would have been created for you and provided to you and discounted prices which you can resell at higher prices. The reason we cannot offer resellers the ability to create their own packages because Virtuozzo partitions itself based on the packages created and it would not be able to utilise resources properly with 100 difference packages on the same VPS server.

I'd like to know what resellers and VPS clients think of this. HSphere VPS is unstable and its kernel has been crashing frequently. We do plan to move our entire VPS customer base to this new VPS system once implemented

i think thats great news.

anything that gives jodohost and its resellers a boost above the rest is always good news.

thumbs up to you guys

Well, given that the last 12 tickets I've submitted are exclusively about my VPS account being down and requiring a restart... I'd say it's a good thing ;)

I think it is a good move as well. I am looking forward to the Windows VPS a bit down the road. :))

this all sounds great - better VPS for our clients...

but one concern of mine is we'll end up having loads of CPs for different things, all with its own look

i know jodohost wont be able to intergrate all this into one CP but when i signed up it was just HSphere, then the Annon support came along - yes that sounds like a great feature, the downside is, it isnt part of the Hsphere CP, so we'd have to have a completely different system.

now we've got better VPS coming along which all sounds great and am sure everyone will benifit, but again we'll have a different CP for that, like vpscp.mydomain.com which will have ANOTHER different layout, look and feel

liek i said i know jodo wont be able to do much about this, but i personally like sites that have everything intergrated into one, it just looks more professional

i hope our User/Pass for the VPS Reseller CP will be the same at least

also how will this affect our current VPS clients? will they have to sign up again, or be shifted over seemlessly?

would this be optional? or would we be forced to take this option?
and would there be an extra charge?

also i noticed that they're the people who make Plesk isnt that a CP like hsphere? if so would that be able to intergrate this? (though i would understand if you wouldnt add this due to the disruption it'd course moving over from HSphere)

OH YAH!!! Windows VPS will be amazing for me.

I'm not big user of VPS but a general question I have is, will we be able to install say Tomcat J2EE container and administer the webapps on them? If so, will I have to ask the JH team to set it up for me or will I have full access to do what ever I want w/ my account?

Next question: How many processes will we get for the new VPS System and how will it count processes? Will it be all processes including OS daemons or just the processes that were started by me. For example, if i'm running Tomcat, then i'd only be using 1 process (which is the container)

Next question: What version of windows will be installed on Windows VPS? Can I choose?? I'm a huge fan of Win2K 8)

If these questions are amateuristic, then forgive me, i'm new to the VPS concept.

Hi Yash,

I'd certainly be interested in this! Do you have any idea of an ETA and pricing for this yet?

Thanks,

Jon

I'm interested in this as well.

Early september is over ?

When do you expect to implement it ?

Also, an idea about pricing will be appreciated ?

To be honest, Yash had worked out some agreement with SWSoft, but I don't see anything happening with Virtuozzo really, not saying no VPS/VDS, but probably not with this front on things. This is not an official word, just mine, Yash may correct me if he plans otherwise :)

Back