vps support is terrible

esthera

Guppy
I just wanted to comment for the benefit of those looking to sign up.
I have been a customer of jodohost for a few years.
I am very happy with their shared reseller account.
Recently I signed up with their vps hosting for a client.
I spent hours configuring and the vps support was terrible.
For each ticket I had to wait on jodohost live chat to keep reminding them until things were configured.
Now 1 month later the sites completely went down and they want to set up a new account and start all over again with configuring and installing ssl's.
Just a warning - at this point I would never open a vps account again.

If any jodohost managers read this - I hope you will improve the vps support. I would expect it to at least match the level of your shared account support if not be better.

Hello,

I have read your ticket in full from the start.

Your VPS has had windows update done. I have read that you did not do this, but it has been done and corrupted the install.
VPS is NOT a managed service, it is a totally different offering, we do not offer support for every level and every problem at the same level of service, as it is a very different market and the user is empowered to do a lot more on their own.

As I told your support I did not do any updates.
I have not even logged in recently -- in that case you better check who else has been hacking in.

As I told your support I did not do any updates.
I have not even logged in recently -- in that case you better check who else has been hacking in.

We aid in this, but the fact is, there are many ways a machine (or VPS) can be hacked. It is also possible that several weeks ago the VPS was set to auto update and it did so and corrupted like this, We've seen that happen on a few cases.

so what can be done? I spent hours configuring and i'm a programmer with no time to reconfigure - that's why I chose you.
I was happy with your shared hosting support and they said that I needed a vps for pci compliance set up.

so what can be done? I spent hours configuring and i'm a programmer with no time to reconfigure - that's why I chose you.
I was happy with your shared hosting support and they said that I needed a vps for pci compliance set up.

We offer managed VPS tickets and ticket packages.
We are glad to help but when it comes to SSL we will need some aid from you getting CSR the privatekey/signing key and all done.

Here is the managed ticket price list:
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=10826&highlight=winvps+addon

Back