"Web server may be temporarily out of service"

dannyc

Perch
I'm getting this error when trying to upload an ASP.Net project (via Front Page Extensions in VS.Net). My project was pretty large (in file count), and it would get about 40-75% through the upload when I would get this error. I excluded a lot of superfluous files from the project and just FTP'd them, and was able to get past that. Now, though, I'm getting this error after like 1-8 files have been uploaded.

The complete error is:

"Unable to add c:\myfilepath\myfile.xxx" to the project. Could not find a web server at 'www.myserver.net'. Please check to make sure that the web server name is valid and your proxy settings are set correctly. If you are sure that everything is correct, the web server may be temporarily out of service."

Are you on Win5? There was a network connectivity issue that was causing random server cannot be found errors for some customers. Seems to have been resolved now. Please try again

Is there any further information on this problem (I know it was a while back) because I'm getting the exact same error.

1 web uploads fine but the other 3 give me the error mentioned by the originator of this thread.

Back