Web SQL Admin problems continue

Inka

Perch
Seems that the COM object is still unregistered?

-------------------------------------------

ERROR

Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COM object with CLSID {10020200-E260-11CF-AE68-00AA004A34D5} is either not valid or not registered.

at SqlAdmin.SqlServer.Connect()
at SqlWebAdmin.databases.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Yash said:
that's already installed. There may be other reasons which we are investigating

This may look as a silly recommendation, but have you tried this?

X:\>regsvr32 "X:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqldmo.dll"

Where X is the drive where SQL Server is installed.

I hope it can help

Very strange...
The error message is referring directly to that component as not being installed or 'valid'.

Any news of the SQL admin page moving servers to make it work?
More specifically I would like to make my own backup of a MS SQL database. Are there any other ways to make a backup?

If I requested dbo access to the database, I should be able to use the BACKUP DATABASE feature and store it in my FTP root for me to download, right?

SubSpace said:
Any news of the SQL admin page moving servers to make it work?
More specifically I would like to make my own backup of a MS SQL database. Are there any other ways to make a backup?

You could use EM and Export to a local Access database. I tried this and it works, but could take a long time for a large database.

Logan said:
You could use EM and Export to a local Access database. I tried this and it works, but could take a long time for a large database.

No, that would mess up things as I use features Access doesn't have..

SubSpace said:
No, that would mess up things as I use features Access doesn't have..

You don't have to *use* access, just store your tables in it until you need to migrate it back to another SQL database. Or are you saying that some fields won't migrate properly because of the different field definitions between Access and SQL? I know there are variations in the way text fields are implemented.

Logan said:
You don't have to *use* access, just store your tables in it until you need to migrate it back to another SQL database. Or are you saying that some fields won't migrate properly because of the different field definitions between Access and SQL? I know there are variations in the way text fields are implemented.

Amongst other things.. Also I'd have to manually restore column defaults, defined functions, stuff like that.

Back