Weekend Migrations - MSSQL, MySQL, windows web, and linux web servers

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
Numerous MSSQL, MySQL, Windows, and Web(linux) servers will be migrating this weekend.

windows plans right now are for:
MSSQL2/MSSQL3/MSSQL5/MSSQL6

Win6/9/10/11

Linux servers will be posted within the next 12 hours.

there will be several migrations processed tonight, we will provide a list in the coming 4-8 hours as we ensure settings finalized and ready.

Win9, and possibly win6(still working to finish it, it may not go tonight), web, web3, web4, and web5 are in queue for a migration tonight.

We've had several issues crop up tonight as we are finalizing the moves that have prevented them from taking place yet, we are ironing them out.

There will be a Sunday US daytime CP outages to process them, but this is well within the weekend. MSSQL2/3/5 will also have final syncs performed today (Sunday throughout the day and evening). MySQL will also move today (Sunday).

We are trying to keep CP downtime as minimal as possible, and the delays right now are due to the older servers on linux side having multiple services on them. They are being split up into mysql/pgsql/web as new servers are and have been. This is making a delay to start the control panel part of the migration.

Migrations starting with a bit of delay now, on win9, web, web2,web3,web4,web5, mysql, mysql2, mysql3 CP will be down shortly for some hours

There is an issue with helpdesk (as it is on migrating server) we are checking that.

Now I know why these hard drives have been giving me such problems on a storage server for MSSQL. It has delayed me greatly with failing drives, but will be resolved shortly, one of the power cables was having a defect and has melted its protective casing, so I am swapping things out now!

CP for cluster1 is now up and running this will be down again for IP migrations we shall keep you posted once its down.

MSSQL3 will be migrating soon, but having some abuse on Win13 that needs to be addressed now.

As of now, I will be skipping Win6 Win10, and Win11 migrations tonight, and they will be done tomorrow night.

MSSQL3 and MSSQL5 will be completed tonight, MSSQL3 is going now.

MSSQL3 is almost done, we got it up and saw two DBs in other locations that were not working and grabbing them.

Back