What do you think?

hi,

I'm just starting up this site, Dev Gateway. The original purpose was a programming community, but now instead I decided I want to offer programming, design, and hosting services, basically trying to offer anything that someone wanting a web site would need to get it up and running.

I would like to know what you think of the design, though? It was made with a programming community in mind, but I'm getting mixed opinions on whether it is good for the new purpose of the web site. I'd really like to keep it like this since I paid a bit for this design. :pout: I do have a good bit of capital to start up with but it could be used on other things.

Anyway, I would appreciate any suggestions or comments on it.

By the way, I just moved the site over today, and haven't begun on adding packages, or anything about services yet, so there's not much there yet. :laugh:

Brandon

Hi,

Nice idea for the domain name ;)

It does look a little too business like for a development resource IMHO - I (personally) would just open straight into the community board with links to other features (IRC etc).

Bookmarked though :]

hi,

Thanks. Should it not look business-like though, since it will be offering the mentioned services? It needs to look professional. I'm keeping many of the programming boards since most there are programmers and/or designers, but that won't be the focus of the web site.

On the main page I need to have information on the offered products, thus why it doesn't go straight to the forums. It is still very centered around the forums, though.

Sorry - I overlooked what your plans were for the site :D

In that case, it looks good. Blue and orange really work well together in websites I believe.

Ah, thanks again. Now, the question is, do you think the name is still appropriate? I sort of have to change the slogan around a bit; not sure to what though yet. I think the idea is a really good one if I can market it correctly.

My goal is January 1 for officially opening it up, and it looks promising so far. :)

Brandon

I agree with Greggers - blue & orange look good. I think you could do with some blurb on the home page explaining what you do etc.

Also bookmarked!

Hey,

Well, it'll be up there soon, but again I just moved it over yesterday and have been working on putting up a few of the pages. I am the most careful with the text of the front page since that has to keep the attention of the visitor.

Brandon

OK, I mustered up the courage to write the front page myself :p

What do you think?

http://www.devgateway.com

I'm horrible at introductions.

I have finally put the privacy policy and AUP up there. I haven't put the TOS up yet, because, there's a place for legal name, and, we're not a registered business yet, so I am not sure what to put there. :(

Brandon

Back