What is VPS

HI,

I have used Shared hosting, Semi Dedicated and Dedicated hosting ... where does VPS sit in this? I assume between Dedicated and Semi Dedicated ... what benefits over Semi Dedicated does it have and what cant I do that I would normally do on a Dedicated?

How many domains can I have on VPS?

Thanks
Tom

Domains.....not a clearcut answer, just as on a dedicated server you can have one massive traffic domain to literally 100,000+ placeholder pages with domains :D

Where VPS falls with us depends on your needs.
SemiDedicated with us you have no admin access, we do everything. We we install your own DLLS and such, but will veto installing software like MS Office and the likes, even if you provide the license. VPS you have remote admin, and we do NOT admin your server, we have managed ticket service if you need aid for $3 per ticket we will help you by logging in, fixing, etc.

VPS allows installation of many softwares, kernel mode software will not install or work(real time AV, some remote admin software like pcanywhere, some deep windows tools, all won't work for example).

VPS can come with Plesk if you like we offer in 10/100/unlimited bundles from $5 a month for the 10 domain version.

Just curious to know - what is the reason for this?

Thanks,
David

Simply not going to be on a shared server at all. It is a huge security risk among other things, and the license must be leased from MS if put on such a server, and it is costly, very costly, each month.

Back