What's about Webmail?

Yesterday, my customer who has 160 mailboxes and need webmail to work because the employes are travelling, coudn't work because several changes was done from jodohost:

1.- IP Squirremail has changed. My customer has domain.com/web mail point to squirremail, but you changed the ip without notice this to resellers and I coudn't notice this to my customers. Result: squirremail didn't work for my customer

2.- Squirremail now ask for the IP. is it new? You must think like a customer not as technicall people. The customers of webmail not always are technicall people and the most of this users don't know what is an IP address. This is not a good implementation. The users need a link to go to his webmail an not anything else.

3.- I detected a bug in horde sending xml files attached. The solution was to use squirremail. Now , my customer can not use squirremail, because I can not notice to 160 users about his IP address. Result: I can not use squirremail, I can not use Horde, and DWmail is workin only with Confirm security code and I thought this was in "Beta"

I hope you find a solution for that. All hosting providers give a webmail solutions directly from a URL like domain.com/webmail or something like that. The first page in mail.domain.com is not very professional , but well, the customers can use it, but never, never, you can justify the actual interface to squirremail.

1. If you use old link for squirrelmail, it will by itself redirect to the new link, unless you are using specifically some different link than what we have been using.
2. Yes, it is new and squirrelmail isnt designed to handle multiple servers. Even the IP selection is not native to Squirrelmail.
3. I'll add something on squirrelmail's main page so users can find their IP quickly.

domain.com/webmail or mail.domain.com is dependent on what is offered by the hosting control panel. This is not something specific to us, but to Hsphere. Hsphere is what we advertise to sell. Many customers have their own custom webmails at domain.com/webmail, so it may not work even if there is an addon to make this happen for all.

This was all announced and Squirrelmail wasnt there, but added on user demand later:
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=8232

Squirrelmail has to stay this way for now, but I'm already looking for options (before your post) to make it easy for end users.

Accessing webmail via the Control Panel and via mail.yourdomain.com will be deactivated. A timeframe for this would be announced.

???

this was not announced.

my clients complain that the yaccess http://mail.domain.com

and its not work.

Accessing webmail via the Control Panel and via mail.yourdomain.com will be deactivated. A timeframe for this would be announced.

???

this was not announced.

This wasnt announced as this never happened. What makes you feel so?

my clients complain that the yaccess http://mail.domain.com

and its not work.

Please create a ticket. Squirrelmail/Dwmail arent used by control panel, so the issue isnt related.

for some reason my clients get edirected to dwmail

trying to get a screen sho as I dont get redirected.

Hi Folks,

Just saw this post as I was about to submit a ticket (which I will still do) However I too have been informed by a number of clients that they cannot access mail using squirrelmail as well.

ok,

what happened to my client is they tried to use squirrel and got the dw problem. no big deal as I told them to use horde

soon jodo will fix this and all will be ok

Squirrelmail has been working all fine. The problem I'm seeing in most cases is user's not able to identify and select correct IP, or they are overlooking that section at all as it wasnt there earlier.

Squirrelmail has been working all fine. The problem I'm seeing in most cases is user's not able to identify and select correct IP, or they are overlooking that section at all as it wasnt there earlier.

I know squirrelmail has been working fine, but you must view this case from other point of view, customers has not to know wich is the ip of mail server. A web mail customer , in most cases, is not a technicall people, only are users of webmail and is absurd the customers has to select the Ip to access to his mail.

Even been technicall people, me for example, I can not remember every time I read my mail wich is the IP of my mail server.

Hi Tanmaya,

Yes thanks for the reply..I think I understand the situation now. I do see it as a concern though for those that do not know how to determine the correct ip address.

I wonder if it might be easier/better to possibly even eliminate squirrel as a client?

I agree with Equanimity, this problem is only with SMail and I already received complaints...
why SMail can't handle server such as horde or DW?

Please do not remove SquirrelMail. I have clients who have chose SM over the others for their own reasons. I would rather see SM with the IP option than not at all.

If your clients can't handle it, have them try another webmail. After all, they'd have to do that if you eliminated SM alltogether.

I too found out about the requirement for IP selection on SM when a customer complained. I do not see an issue with requiring this input but please, when something like this is implimented a heads up to the resellers etc should be given. I hate to plead ignorance when a client contacts me and have to back track to find out what happened.

I think the same of this post, I am a reseller and I wasn't told first when the IP where implemented and now that they were solved.

Thank you

I too found out about the requirement for IP selection on SM when a customer complained. I do not see an issue with requiring this input but please, when something like this is implimented a heads up to the resellers etc should be given. I hate to plead ignorance when a client contacts me and have to back track to find out what happened.

The announcement was emailed to all that says about only Dwmail being available and Squirrelmail was later revived on requests from customers. There is a post in annoucement section as well made on the same day. Then we did discuss here and made available all used webmail softwares infact.

The problem:
Apart from Dwmail (that detects), Squirrelmail and Horde cant figure mailserver IP on their own. When being merged on a seperate server, IP-selection was a measure to get it back up for customers asap. Later we resolved the base issue at all, so any webmail can run without IP selection with us.

Back