Who uses "MadDogs Portal"?

MadDog

Guppy
I heard there where allot of people using my portal, "MadDogs Portal", is this true?

Just wondering how many people use it here :)

Not me, though your portal is good :) I think there was a discussion somewhere, try searching the forums for "MadDog" :)

Re: Who uses

Me as well, so makes it four, but I consider changing to tactical systems or gearhost given the package changes made by jodohost, see other thread, pity!

I came here after seeing the ad at madasp.com.
I don't find the prices of gearhost competitive at all, and they have so many horror stories about bad downtime and support
Tacticalsystems is OK but they only allow you to host one domain. The per domain cost here is much better

MAD Dogs Portal

I use it.

Works good.

I have gotten great support from Yash and the crew here and there are enough people between ASPInvision and Jodohost that you can pretty much get the answer you need in a VERY timely fashion (thanks Bliss.)

Z

Re: Re: Re: Who uses

eko said:
tactical systems allow unlimited domains: see their FAQ it states:
Q. Can I have multiple domains with my disk space?
A. Yes! All Tactical Systems web hosting plans support UNLIMITED domain aliases and subdomains.

lol.. read that properly. Unlimited domain aliases, not actual domains. You can host only ONE domain. I sent them an email yesterday and they clarified this... good luck with tactical anyway

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who uses

Way2Go said:
lol.. read that properly. Unlimited domain aliases, not actual domains. You can host only ONE domain. I sent them an email yesterday and they clarified this... good luck with tactical anyway
You're right. I already use tactical systems but indeed domain by domain. In many ways they are similar to jodohost, excellent support, control panel, online billing, paypal.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who uses

eko said:
You're right. I already use tactical systems but indeed domain by domain. In many ways they are similar to jodohost, excellent support, control panel, online billing, paypal.

thats what confuses me... you say that tacticalsystems has a better deal but how? only thing they offer more is monthly transfer....
at jodohost it will cost me $2 per domain while over there, $5 per domain

Bliss said:
As far as I know, there are at least 3 on this forum.

Me, Phill, and Zakata

I even run a couple of sites using it. (yes, Drew, I purchased an additional license).

Phill

eko said:
Me as well, so makes it four, but I consider changing to tactical systems or gearhost given the package changes made by jodohost, see other thread, pity!

You might have noticed that I decided to stick with jodohost and tacticalsystems at the same time. Yash's responses are awesome, excellent customer support, even though I don't always like the answers, but at least I get them without any false promises, they are realistic and to the point. Jodohost staff also are not afraid to admit errors and lack of competence in certain areas (ASP.NET), but at least try as much as possible to help. Thanks for a great service!

i looked into the tactical guys, but you only get 500mb of space...here you get 2.5gb. The larger amount of bw is nice, but dead without the space.

. psyance .

psyance said:
i looked into the tactical guys, but you only get 500mb of space...here you get 2.5gb. The larger amount of bw is nice, but dead without the space.

. psyance .

Well since my domains are registered with godaddy.com they offer something that says I can forward domains to one space and the person browsing wouldn't know the difference...so tactical would work. Don't know how this works but hey...given the problems that don't seem to go away here...guess it's time to check it out. I have lost all patience

Yash said:
We have taken care of all the problems now Yorri.

Even if that were the case, the "problems" are starting to happen a little too frequently for my liking.

I have lost clients because their confidence in my abilities went away as soon as they saw problems with my site(s) and am not able to take advantage of the reseller package because of these "problems". Luckily I was able to sign on a new client over the weekend and so far his site hasn't had any problems. But I have to say that with him, the exact same thing happened as usual. I give him a few links and the server was down or the pages were not working. The only thing that saved this client was that it was working again within a few minutes and so far his site (that I put up on the weekend) hasn't had any problems.

I expect problems will occur and that is why I have lasted this long here...I have left other webhosts much quicker. I have put up with certain features that are lacking because I want reliability over features but reliability doesn't seem to be that great lately (at least not like it was last year)

Many of the problems were unfortunate and probably out of your control (DNS, Superb.net IP issue, other persons' code, spam blacklisting etc) but that doesn't mean anything to someone that is trying to give me money for services that I want to host on your servers and they see something not working.

As you can see I upgraded my account over the weekend and would have been able to do so much sooner had many of the issues not happened.

Just as you are probably frustrated and tired of these things (I know how it is to work with computers) so am I. Not looking for anything here. I am just trying to state my feelings. I appreciate the efforts but we can only take so much before we have to question if it is worth OUR efforts to wait for you to smooth out your problems.

The only two outstanding issues are session timeouts and the database problem. I only came to know about the database problem 30min ago. I'll have a chat with Stephen and the other admins and we'll have it solved

We are close to solving session timeouts as well

I am still having DNS problems and SMTP email problems.

Yash said:
The only two outstanding issues are session timeouts and the database problem. I only came to know about the database problem 30min ago. I'll have a chat with Stephen and the other admins and we'll have it solved

We are close to solving session timeouts as well

brawney said:
I am still having DNS problems and SMTP email problems.

SMTP Auth is not responding on QMAIL .... we're working on that... It affects people using IMAP and we will have this fixed very soon

I fail to understand what the DNS problems are. We positively fixed them

Back