Win and linux on 2 servers?

Mario

Guppy
I am just starting out, and have a couple questions.
Are the windows and linux accounts for a reseller on different boxes or all on one? I see win 2005 server can run linux VM. Also, I am very nervous about my move to jodohost, reading through your forums and some reviews did not help. I wanted to do the 7 day free deal but never saw the option in signing up. I hope your good for the the money back; rather, I hope your good for the real deal, cause I need a great new host.
Peace,
Mario

There are on separate boxes. We have separate email servers, dns servers, db servers, linux web servers and windows web servers.

So if you create a windows account, the web files would be on the windows web server, the databases (mssql, mysql, pgsq) would be on the db servers, email on email servers and dns on our DNS servers

What are you nervous about? We definately honor our money-back guarantee and you'll receive a full refund if you are disatisfied with our services

Maybe I'm nervous that I was sent my admin user name and password in a plain text email! Or perhaps I wish there were different boxes for mysql and MSsql. MS OS is so notiorious for security that I would feel better if mysql DB were run off of a linux box. I don't know probably just switching jitters but. . .

MSSQL is on a Win box
MySQL and PostgreSQL are on a Linux box

It's always advisable to change the password after you get your initial email

I'm sorry but I disagree with you on security. I see linux as more vulnerable than Windows. Linux has had more security vulnerabilities discovered than Windows in 2002 and 2003.

But eitherways, we have done a great job with server security. Both the linux and Windows servers are hardended very well and we have sealed off all known vulnerabilities

Thank you for the reasurances, and you answered all my questions the "correct" way at least with the answers I wanted to hear. I look forward to working with you in the future.
Peace,
Mario

Back