Win2 issues not resolved!....

This is the 3rd time that I know of in the last 24 hours that our sites have not been up...Last night is was a NIC card problem, this morning it was someone running a tool or something on the server?...Now what is it?...I thought the move to the new server was suppose to be for the better, now I need to know for the "better what?"...When will this be resolved?...It's a "royal pain"...........

Dave.............. X(

ASP on win2 has crashed twice due to ODBC. The server has been patched and we are monitoring it. It will be rebooted after some hours for some changes to take effect.

For PHP, Kindly open a ticket with problem description.

I am rebooting Win2 now for the ASP Access Patch to kick in.

Also, I know nothing of php errors and have seen no tickets, we can't fix what we don't know about.

I believe all these issues are resolved.

ASP crashed after the migration due to a Jet driver bug in Win2003 that we patched with a hot-fix.

This new server is very powerful with a 3.0GHz Hyper-threaded processor, top-of-the line SATA hard disks with 16MB cache and 2GB of ram. This is a big upgrade from the IDE server Win2 was previously on.

You should get excellent performance out of this machine and the problems on Win2 would be a thing of the past

Hello bakercountyfl,

I did not yet get a reply in the ticket, but are the issues with the php path fully resolved now?

There also appears to be some ColdFusion issues on Win2. Namely, it appears that CFREGISTRY is no longer disabled, and for some reason, using the <CFAPPLICATION> tag recommended in the "sticky" post at the top of the ColdFusion forum is no longer stroring session variables.

Here is the <CFAPPLICATION> tag I was using, that has been working on the server, untouched, for more than 6 months:

<cfapplication name="myapp" clientmanagement="yes" sessionmanagement="yes" setclientcookies="yes" setdomaincookies="yes" sessiontimeout="#createTimeSpan(0,0,60,0)#" applicationtimeout="#createTimeSpan(0,8,0,0)#" Clientstorage="Cookie" loginstorage="session">

This no longer works in IE... my best guess is that it has something to do with cookies and how they're being set...

I've changed the <CFAPPLICATION> tag to this:

<cfapplication name="tourgolfclubs_dev" clientmanagement="yes" sessionmanagement="yes" sessiontimeout="#createTimeSpan(0,0,60,0)#" applicationtimeout="#createTimeSpan(0,8,0,0)#">

And now it works. The default session storage method in ColdFusion is the registry, and my guess is that this is currently is being allowed, enabling the <CFAPPLICATION> tag above to work.

Anyway, since I fully expect Jodohost to stumble across this at some point in the future, and disable CFREGISTRY, thus breaking the <CFAPPLICATION> tag I'm using currently, I figured I'd mention it now rather than discover it at some future date when I'm nowhere near a computer and my client calls me up fuming because his site isn't working again...

If anyone cares to look into this, and figure out why the first <CFAPPLICATION> tag above was failing to set cookies/session variables, despite being the one recommended by Jodohost, I'd appreciate it. And before anyone mentions it, no, I am not using a <CFLOCATION> tag on the page on which I set the session variable... so that's not it. This is code that hasn't been touched and has been working fine for at least 6 months before this week, so it's not a code issue... it has something to do with the changes to the server this week. I just want to know what, if anything, I need to do to fix things so that I don't get any angry emails.

Back