Win21 Maintenance 00:00 EST tonight

Pratik

SkyWalker
Staff member
We shall be perform Maintenance on win21 tonight at 00:00 EST time.

Task to be performed :- checkdisk

Reason:- There are some corrupt aswstats logs mostly and maybe one or two websites and making a bit slower than normal due to cpu load.

Time frame :- approximate 1 hr

Stage 2 still going, made a few index corrections so far

And it is still going with some more corrections, this process has to complete as there is not a better time to handle it and it is abusing the server CPU as it tries to correct it during loads, having to log stats for awstats on a few sites it is using far excesses of CPU

Stage3 is still going, it is finding and fixing many ACL security errors in the process.

Stage3 is taking far longer than I or anyone else could have ever guessed at this point, however it is NOT stuck as I can see progress and action correcting on files as it goes.

At this point it seems as if the security scan must be fixing the ACL on a good 50% of the files on the server, which is the reason for it taking so long, well beyond any time I ever could have imagined. It is still moving along quite swiftly but taking time.
My fear in stopping it where it is now is that it will have the problem still and require to be taken down during a weekday when traffic is much higher.

Progress is still being made and its going at a good speed. Keeping a close watch on it.

This is taking time then we expected however we don't want to stop this and keep it for later, need to finish this once and for all

We thank you all for having patience for this. I will keep updating.

Its still going on
Attached is the print screen

Attachments

• win21_checkdsk.jpg
    win21_checkdsk.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 173
Hello,

I am quite apologetic that this maintenance is still going on, however as you can see from the screenshot the security scan is fixing many errors that are being detected.

I have never seen before a stage3 of a scan do so much, it is typically one of the faster stages of the chkdsk process giving you a percentage complete and then continuing on rather quickly.

What happened to cause this was a few days back some abuse was really bogging the server down, and it was being so slow our only choice after 10 minute of work was to reboot the server, and ever since then it has been giving errors about needing to chkdsk and correct some entries for some awstats logsfiles. If did that in the first 2 stages of the process and now in the 3rd stage it is finding and correcting what seems to be large groups of files that were accessed between that reboot and now. It will sometimes skip a large section, then hit a section where it does many corrections again.

Still going on and have crossed more then 2361872 files already. We are still waiting

Still going on and have crossed more then 2361872 files already. We are still waiting

Win21 has been up for the last 10 minutes, we are just doing some checks to see if any of the awstats or 2 sites with errors are still having any trouble, and they seem to be working just fine now.

Win21 has been up for the last 10 minutes, we are just doing some checks to see if any of the awstats or 2 sites with errors are still having any trouble, and they seem to be working just fine now.

We have found a few having permissions problems and running the permissions set tool just to ensure they are correct on all.

We have found a few having permissions problems and running the permissions set tool just to ensure they are correct on all.

Permissions are reset for the majority now, but still a few minor issues with them that are being automatically fixed.

Back