Win3 and Win5 maintenance within next 72 hours

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We are awaiting a new shipment of hard drives to add a logging specific drive for both servers. I have overnighted them but sometimes there can be a delay in shipping. Since the Hsphere upgrade the logging has changed a bit and is using a lot more disk IO and unable to remain on the main RAID1 array.

Each server will have about 15 minutes of maintenance time within the next 72 hours to allow for changing this setting after getting the new drives in.
We do have extra drives but they are spares and we need to keep them for major disaster recovery purposes.
If the drives hould make it tomorrow the maintenance will be as soon as possible and we will post an update regarding each individually.

Drives for both have made it in and we will be installing and configuring them tonight at 11PM EST until completed, each will have 15-20 minutes down as we have to take them offline, bring up and reconfigure the sites to use the new drives for logs.

Win3 is looking quite good, some high cpu due to generating asp.net cache but otherwise good, that will settle down in minutes(already started)

Moving to win5, it will be going down on iis in about 2 minutes while I prep then a quick shutdown and finalizing on it.

Win5 is up, sites are serving, I had to do a 2nd reboot on it because I forgot the log drive on it was serving as the pagefile as well, which was preventing me from doing the rename I needed.
It is complete on this maintenance.

Back