Win32 was down, is now up.

Re: Win32 is responding slow

Looks like we are going to have to send a tech to the datacenter, it isn't coming up and not getting any response internally or externally.

Heavy traffic right now, but we have our tech on the way, looks like it will be 30 minutes till he can be there at earliest.

ok it is on now, but went into check disk on bootup, so it is running now.

it is on stage 2 of 3, no errors found on stage 1.

check disk looks to be hanging and doing nothing after stage 2, we decided to reboot it and skip, but it is not taking usb keyboard input

Trying to change directions with this but can't reach the tech for some reason.

We are going to take one disk from the RAID array and work on bringing it up on other hardware, while at the same time bringing it back on with same hardware, if one makes it before the other we will turn one network down so it wont conflict.

We will be migrating this server soon anyway, so we need to simply get it online for now, and can deal with moving data a bit later once sites are running.

ok both plans working in unison now, the original hardware minus a RAID drive is doing chkdsk, at stage 2 of 3 where it hung for so long last time, and the other drive is on another server where I am attempting to bring it up at the same time.

Scan is still going on original while I am experimenting on the other one, and it is not taking keyboard input from anything once in windows pre-boot area, never encountered anything quite like this.

We are leaving the original scanning and working on setting up a new hardware at the same time here, while the OS won't boot we have the user data intact and will work on a recovery at the same time.

On the 2nd drive (not in original hardware) we have some progress now, finally moved past a point stuck for over 25 minutes.

Since I am doing it from within windows 2008, I am able to see more exacting status.

Original hardware is on stage 3 of 3, RAID disk removed from original is actually on the same stage.

IIS is now up as well, whew. This was a real learning experience in chkdsk gone mad.

Back