WIN33/MSSQL11 Site Problems

dman

Perch
I posted a thread about issues with MSSQL11 previously and it seems like the issue was with the IP address in the connection string but now I'm seeing more issues all day today on two sites using Win33 and MSSQL11.

I have reviewed both sites' connection strings and they are either using the domain alias or the IP for MSSQL11. I've tested the site with both. They were also both working for the most part up until today... I've submitted a ticket too: AGI-14597-934

I don't see any current network issues for any servers in the forum here, but I'm getting intermittent high traceroute times as shown below when the sites go down:

14 (dedicated IP) 2482.761 ms 1534.705 ms 1530.489 ms

Any idea what is happening and why it stared today? Is there a DDOS attack? Should I start working to move these sites to Windows 2008 like the others I was having issues with on Windows 2003?

Just ran another traceroute and got:

14 (dedicated IP) 4262.458 ms 3093.726 ms

According to my monitoring service the sites have gone down 20 + times since 6:00 AM PST today. I've confirmed that I cannot load these sites from multiple locations as well. I made no changes to these sites so I don't think it's a site specific issue. The sites are also not returning site generated errors, they just won't load intermittently. Anyone else having these issues?

the issue is on win33, not MSSQL. It is looking to have some attack on it like Win19 is having, and it is also in process of syncing files for an upgrade to Windows 2008 sometime next week (just as a FYI)

Thanks for the info and confirming the issue Stephen. So is this issue like the hacking problem I had on Win20 or something else? I believe we clarified that the Win20 issues were likely due to Windows 2003 and ASP secured. ASP secured is not enabled or an option on these sites but that was a mess I would like to avoid.

Also, will all sites be upgraded to 2008 on Win33 or do I need to request to have them upgraded? Is there an option to upgrade to 2012 as well?

That was not exactly hacking but there are some sites which is
having bad code and security loops, so they are being targeted to gain access. We have blocked those unauthorized access with help of antivirus and some security scripts and now server is responding much better.

And on Monday, we will migrate this server to windows 2008 R2 , so yes this is all sites migration to new windows 2008 R2 server.

Thanks for the follow up Ashwani. OK, good to know that Win33 will be migrated to 2008. There were a few minor issues with my other migrations to 2008. Will there be anything that i need to do?

Also, is Windows Server 2012 an option for any of the reseller Windows plans? Are there any options for 2012 or plans to provide it at Jodo in the near future? Thanks!

Please update those issues in support ticket and we will fix it for you. Mainly after migration, we need to reset permission and set default pages for the sites. Permission part is something that we handle from server side. However control panel related jobs you can do it by yourself, like setting default page, asp.net version and enable and disable of any resource like php and others.

Regarding Sever 2012, it is not yet available in reseller plans but we are using 2012 on our server nodes. So this is mainly in background but we will surely do feasibility checks and testing regarding its deployment with Hsphere and announce accordingly.

The main issues I had were the default pages and some permission issues so no help needed currently. For the most part the migrations went smoothly but there were a few forms using older components that needed updating.

I'll look forward to 2012 when it's available. Will it be offered in a VPS sooner?

Back