Win5 Down Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was down for about 100 minutes. We did a reboot on the server after a security patch installation however it didn't come up. We decided to do a full scan disk as one was pending on Win5 for sometime now and there were some disk issues on Win5.

The full scan correct all the disk issues and the server came up right after that. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Could the update have been done at a later time to avoid downtime during the early evening? I realize that the downtime was unexpected, but shouldn't your plan to an update always include the chance that there will be problems? Just curious as to how you decide when to do an update?

If an update is critical, we don't wait

Our servers are constantly targetted. We've been DDOSED twice, hackers keep looking for security holes

We need to be on our toes always.

Win5 seems very slow this evening - anyone else having problems? Is this somehow related to earlier problems?

Nathan

It's a 24h business, not much point in waiting either to be honest.
JodoHost seem to have customers around the world..

Nathan said:
Win5 seems very slow this evening - anyone else having problems? Is this somehow related to earlier problems?

Nathan

No one has reported any slowness to us.. server is performing very well

I understand your policy on doing critical updates as soon as possible and that I don't have any problems with but as per our many previous requests, we would like improved communication. I've noticed many things on this forum that are happening that are not being sent through email and it seems to be a selective issue because sometimes emails are sent and sometimes they are not. I think email should be the first priority over this forum. I don't keep the forum open just to look for issues....but I do check email every few minutes.

I think it should be important to send out an email warning us that you are doing a security update (even if it is going to be immediate) and although in most cases they don't cause any downtime, there is a risk and therefore we are warned.

Since I did not receive an email I didn't expect any problems and then when trying to access my sites, they were down. I have to admit, at least a post was made on the forum but not everyone comes to the forum. Luckily I have trained myself to come to the forum first but I would have preferred knowing through email that work was being done on the server. Any work, regardless of what it is, is a risk for downtime and we should be warned of this even if it is only a couple minutes prior to the work.

So, please could you improve your communication and warn us when you are going to make ANY changes (regardless of what they are) through email(in addition to the forum) so that if something goes wrong, at least we are aware that work is being done on the server?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back