Windows reboots during Hsphere Upgrade

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
This thread will be used to update on all windows server reboots during the hsphere upgrade. This includes MSSQL servers.

I will be performing updates on Win25 and MSSQL10 first, these will happen shortly after 12:00AM on Friday October 5th.
If this goes well and in a timely manner as planned, I will continue to Win24 from there, but will make every effort to be done before 5AM EDT, and will not continue any further upgrades until the traffic starts settling down about 10:30PM EDT Friday Night.

We have not started the windows portion yet as there was a delay on the other control panel side. We will be doing this most likely within the next hours time, since it is already almost 3am we will not continue with any further servers tonight.

I am going to be unable to do win25 this morning due to the delay in the control panel update start time and having to get psoft in to assist.

I will start this first tomorrow, MSSQL10 was however updated, and we will be bringing on win26 today as well. However note that we are still in a maintenance period time and the control panel may not be up at all times even after win26 is up and running.

I am a bit delated starting win25, win26 is about ready to go and I am just doing final testing before starting win25.

ok Win25 will be rebooting in the next 15 minutes and the upgrade starting.

I am downloading some updates from MS before continuing and it is going REALLY slow from their site right now, so it may be slightly more than 15 minutes, I will post about before the reboot.
As of now all is up and running on win25.

oh i forgot to report back working on win2 upgrade as well, it has been bac for very long now.

MSSQL1 will be rebooting in the next 15 minutes.

edit: actually it won't be backup is still running on it, may reboot tomorrow night instead, installing hsphere without reboot now.

just bumping this since we are currently working on win15 it is being bit slow but sites are up, it will be rebooted as soon as updates done installing.

Back