WinVPS3 - resolved

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We are looking into an issue on WinVPS3 now itis pinging but seems some services are down.

Re: WinVPS3 - unable to remote connect

It seems like we may have a VPS with a worm that is abusing the CPU of the server causing the rest to be very slow in operating.

I have issued a reboot command to the server.

I think that the remote reboot could have down a shutdown instead fo a reboot as we lost the KVM connection an it did not some back as usual after the reboot happens. We are sending a tech to check this.

A tech will be checking the server in the next 5 minutes

For some reason we have lost the ability to communicate with the DC staff. They should be there now looking at the server.

It looks like a power supply issue possibly.

We will be running a virus/worm scan on all VPS units. You may get an email requesting a password if yours has changed since setup.

I have checked the event viewer and I posted only a few minutes after the server had service errors. We got this resolved as quickly as possible.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7011
Date: 1/2/2007
Time: 8:41:48 AM

At this point all VPSes are up.

We have removed a few trojans from 3 VPSes, we will notify users whent he scan is completed on all for those that have had files flaggs as possible trojans, we only have 2 confirmed trojans.

Back