Wordpress "Can’t select database"

Sailor

Perch
I set up MySql and an admin user. Can access fine with PhpMyAdmin. But when I try to run the WordPress install page I get this error:

We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the myuser_wp database.

* Are you sure it exists?
* Does the user myuser_wp-admin have permission to use the myuser_wp database?
* On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_ myuser_wp. Could that be the problem?

Anybody been able to get past this error installing WP? I've installed fine on another domain. The usual cause - incorrect db settings - is obviously not the case since they can log in my user. I've even tried creating extra users, assigning all privileges (via CP), but no go.

Never seen this one, many installs done. I recommend you send a ticket if you continue to have problems.

Stephen, support fixed this for me, and WP worked fine after i re-uploaded the files.
Apparently a wrong parameter in my wp-config.php file.
But it looks identical to the file I uploaded, so I've asked them to clarify exactly what the problem was.

Now I have a related issue: after discussing with my client that this would be at mydomain.com/blog they've gotten advice from some SEO guru that it should be at blog.mydomain.com
I can create the sub-domain and copy files there, but do I need a new mySql db, or will the one I initially created work for this?

thanks

Stephen, support fixed this for me, and WP worked fine after i re-uploaded the files.
Apparently a wrong parameter in my wp-config.php file.
But it looks identical to the file I uploaded, so I've asked them to clarify exactly what the problem was.

Now I have a related issue: after discussing with my client that this would be at mydomain.com/blog they've gotten advice from some SEO guru that it should be at blog.mydomain.com
I can create the sub-domain and copy files there, but do I need a new mySql db, or will the one I initially created work for this?

thanks

I think with url modified in the config it should work with the same DB. I also prefer subdomains for SEO, and general access, works a lot better!

Back