Yash, can you comment on the follow...

yorri

Perch
1) How is the migration to win5 going and is this still happening?? I am not having any problems on win1 but I understood that you would be migrating all the accounts.

2) Do you plan on fixing the email notification for the forum? I didn't realize how useful it was until I didn't have it anymore hehe

3) Is the problem with the web sql admin tool fixed? There were 2 other threads going somewhere (one of the main reasons I am asking about #2...easier to know when threads are being posted in) and it seems that you are ignoring them or missing them or something. Haven't seen any word about it.

Thanks

1) Yes, this is being planned. We are actually going to do a test migration tonight. We are looking into a different approach to this migration that should avoid the problems we faced with the previous approaches

2) I'll have to move this forum to a linux server. I'll try to complete that tonight as well

3) I'm sorry about this. I'll have it setup tonight as well on a Windows 2000 server

Yash said:
1) Yes, this is being planned. We are actually going to do a test migration tonight. We are looking into a different approach to this migration that should avoid the problems we faced with the previous approaches

2) I'll have to move this forum to a linux server. I'll try to complete that tonight as well

3) I'm sorry about this. I'll have it setup tonight as well on a Windows 2000 server

any update(s) on this??

I tried to connect to the sqlwebadmin tool but it looks like it is completely gone now.

OK, an update:

1) We tried doing a test migration and it didn't go very well. The physical resource creator errored out and we are working with PSOFT to resolve that

2) SQLwebadmin will take another 24 hours. We just migrated the JodoHost/WWG server to florida. Once resolution takes place, I'll reinstall sqwebadmin

3) I'll be be moving the forum to a linux server right after that

an update:

1) migration plan still being worked on
2) Email notification fixed, forum moved to linux server
3) SQL admin fixed, read announcement above

Yash said:
just want to confirm, are you getting emails now?

Yes it is working again, thanks Yash.

Checking out the sql admin tool but still getting errors

==============
ERROR

Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COM object with CLSID {10020200-E260-11CF-AE68-00AA004A34D5} is either not valid or not registered.

at SqlAdmin.SqlServer.Connect()
at SqlWebAdmin.databases.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

wow, ok, will be working on sqladmin first thing tomorrow.
Subspace, what component do you think was missing?

Also wondering when you will put horde on the mail.domain.com page? You mentioned a while back that you would.

I think a few people would like to see this happen (including myself).

Thanks

yorri said:
Also wondering when you will put horde on the mail.domain.com page? You mentioned a while back that you would.

I think a few people would like to see this happen (including myself).

Thanks

I would also like to see this.

WebSQL error still there reads:

ERROR

Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COM object with CLSID {10020200-E260-11CF-AE68-00AA004A34D5} is either not valid or not registered.

at SqlAdmin.SqlServer.Connect()
at SqlWebAdmin.databases.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

No, it needs to be installed on the webserver that is running the webinterface. So unless you want to enable IIS on the SQL Server and install the webinterface there, that wouldn't help.

I've also made a redistributable package according to the instructions on the Microsoft site (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326613) and uploaded it here. I did not test this however, just followed the instructions.

Makes you wonder why they don't just offer their own redistributable installation package for it :(

IIS is installed on the MSSQL servers because HSphere communicates through ASP scripts

I did not see that thing about SQL-DMO. Will check it out and see if it works

I had our DB administrator check and he said that all the 7 sql dmo files were already installed in their directories and registered on the sqladmin server.

So something else is missing :(

I downloaded this program and ran it on my local computer and it worked fine with my local SQL Server, but when I tried to connect to mssql1.jodoshared.com I got that error. So I can't really understand how this can be because of missing COMs on the webserver ?(

Back