You are unable to control your Virtual Private Server yet..

nikskin

Guppy
I'm new to reselling and new to VPS so please bear with me. I set-up a new VPS account 10 days ago but when I login to the new account the response is:

Info: You are unable to control your Virtual Private Server yet..

Since VPS creation is a time- and resource-consuming procedure, VPS is not being completely configured during the signup, it takes a certain time to complete the procedure after the signup is finished.
Until your server is fully configured, you will be unable to change any of your VPS parameters. The configuration usually takes up to 30 minutes, thus you would be notified by email that the procedure is complete.

No notification by email has been received and I'm not sure if it contains information necessary to continue the configuration or what my next step should be.

Will be happy for any pointers in the right direction? thanks.

We have sent a ticket rgarding two VPS signups hung like this. It is almost always caused because the resource allocation granted is too small to creating a working VPS. Tanmaya will be in about 5 hours and can tell you the minimum config for a working vps signup.

Thanks Stephen, yes that'll be it, as I didn't know the minimum amount of space and expected the service to allocate some or at least prompt for some. I'll look forward to more info from Tanmaya, many thanks.

CentOS4.3 needs a bit more here:
minimum processes - 20
minimum diskspace - 600MB (VPS base install is alone 560MB)

Back