24x7x365 Anonymous support

deepscan

Perch
Hi again,

Referring to http://www.jodohost.com/reseller.asp could please explain Jodohost Reseller Advantage

Number 2
24x7x365 Anonymous support to your clients (Launch Date: Dec 31, 2004)

And number 3
Oracle 10g - #1 Enterprise Database Solution (Contact Sales Team for details)

As resellers I think we all should know.

Thanks for the great service

Number 2: Our in-house Java programmer is extensively testing this Support System. We are confident of launching it on or before Dec. 31st, 2004.

This will be an optional feature. We have not yet decided whether we will offer it for free or at nominal charges.

Number 3: Server is already up. We are working on implementation of it. Should be offered in a week or 10 days. We expect it offer to all Resellers, ValueHost and up for one time setup fee per database.

These are our initial thoughts regarding pricing and may change.

We are actually in the final stages of development of a our Oracle 10g control panel. It would allow resellers to independently create oracle databases and users for customers and give them CPs (without depending on us)

I am sorry for the delay on some of these projects. We have finally decided to begin shifting development work inhouse to speed things up

i really like the idea of free anonymous support for our customers. :D

(i think that's something you should probably charge for though :( )

I think that you should charge for anonymous support but only if the issue is the fault of the client and not Jodohost. If a server is down or there is a security problem us as resellers should not be charged for something which is completely out of control and something that we cant fix. Another option would be to charge only after so many support requests depending on the number of accounts the reseller has.

Just my thoughts,
JonMichael

JMKotman said:
I think that you should charge for anonymous support but only if the issue is the fault of the client and not Jodohost. If a server is down or there is a security problem us as resellers should not be charged for something which is completely out of control and something that we cant fix. Another option would be to charge only after so many support requests depending on the number of accounts the reseller has.

Just my thoughts,
JonMichael
While it seems that your suggestion strives to make things more fair, it sounds like it would be really difficult for JodoHost to manage.

I think the way Yash suggested it before was that a reseller could choose to have JodoHost anonymously support all of the reseller's customers or none of them. If the reseller chose the support, the reseller would be charged based on that decision, rather than on who's fault something was or how much a particular user uses the support.

That seems to make sense to me.

You mentioned a Java programmer was working on this support. Is the support via web text chat? Will there be phone support also, because that's what I thought when I first read the announcement.

Number 2: Our in-house Java programmer is extensively testing this Support System. We are confident of launching it on or before Dec. 31st, 2004.

Being that it's Dec 31, 2004...

Is there any update or announcement for the Anonymous Support?

Its in final phases of testing. Within 2 weeks, we should be able to offer end-user services

Sorry for the delay in this. Been a very busy month for us at JodoHost.

Back