404.asp Custom error page

Amjad

Perch
I hope someone can help me with this problem.

I have 2 tickets open #5344 #5413 for this.

I am using a custom error page that 90% of my links go thru this page and based on the URL it will send the user to the right page.

This code is working like a charm on 2000 Server and my local machine with IIS5 but when i moved it to jodohost i get this error
The system cannot find the file specified.

in my CP i specified the 404.asp to be my error document and since that page is in the root directory at the same level as the other pages i specified the Relative Path to Custom Error page as /404.asp.

Is there any thing else that i need to able or disable?
Is what i am doing suppose to work?
Any help will be appreciated.

Amjad

Thanks Chris,

I tried that but still giving me the same error, i am woundering if something elase has to be enabled.

Amjad

Amjad said:
Thanks Chris,

I tried that but still giving me the same error, i am woundering if something elase has to be enabled.

Amjad

Looks like you're about to join the queue with the rest of us... Could be a long night!

I knew what you guys are going through, My Site is new and i am not expecting to lose any customers or orders, but i like to get it over with.

I had my share of problems with my other website host, i hope i am not going through the same cycle again. I am giving them a chance and hopefully after they are done with migration they will have more time to support us.

Amjad

Amjad said:
I knew what you guys are going through, My Site is new and i am not expecting to lose any customers or orders, but i like to get it over with.

I had my share of problems with my other website host, i hope i am not going through the same cycle again. I am giving them a chance and hopefully after they are done with migration they will have more time to support us.

Amjad

most webhosts provide horrible service, even the expensive ones don't always come through in my experience. But the willingness of this host to work and help you on the details, the responsiveness and service (under normal circumstances) - and I'm talking mainly about Yash here - has been great in the short time I've been here. Also, you only have to read this forum for a while before you see the same thing over and over. I sincerely think they are busting a gut tonight to make this migration happen, and I'm counting on them.. They have to come through on it otherwise they are going to lose a bunch of customers!! I think they will, but we'll see. They are running out of time fast, that's for sure.... and I don't envy them at all!!!!

I agree, for the short time i have been here i noticed how hard they work especialy Yash since he is the one answering most of the questions on the forum.

I am not going to hold the migration period against them, I know by doing that they are solving many problems, but the sooner the better.

Amjad

Amjad said:
Thanks Chris,

Amjad

If I remember correctly, I had the same problem a couple months ago and found out that the current version of HSphere does not correctly handle your custom error page setup under win2003, and tech support has to set up the path to your error page.

Do a Search in the forum for Custom Errors and find a thread from the early-January time frame for more info.

I think it will work for you without intervention on their part once they are done switching back to win2000. But please note that the key words in that sentence are "I think."

riley

Thanks Riley,

Chris posted the link to Yash instructions on how to set up the relative path i followed the instructions and you are correct it did not work.

I think the guys are working on it now, i just recieved an email from them asking me to test a couple of links on the site.

The same exact error page has been runing on win2000 server for the last 1 1/2 year without a glitch, i hope things get better here.

Amjad

Back