"Abuse"

On Wednesday afternoon I got an email from Akshay in the "Abuse Department" saying my web site was "abusing" jodohost's resources and that PHP extensions had been disabled on my site. I didn't get the email until Thursday morning, and when I did, I contacted Jodohost and asked that PHP extensions be turned back on because my site is a WordPress blog and without PHP extensions, I have no way to log into WordPress to try to figure out what the problem may be. Tech support turned PHP back on, and I disabled an add-on that I thought might be causing the problem. I didn't hear anything further from either support or the "Abuse" Department."

Yet at some point yesterday, it appears my site was shut down again -- without any warning!

As I stated above, I'm running a simple WordPress blog. I'm not even getting a lot of hits right now because I haven't had time to post much. We're talking about less than 100 page views a day. Somehow, the same WordPress configuration that is running now managed to survive days where I got over 1000 pageviews per day. But now, when I'm getting no traffic, I'm being cited for "abuse".

I asked in my original request that PHP be turned back on for information to help me pinpoint what might be causing the problem, but have received none. If you're able to determine that my site is the one "abusing" the server, I'd think you have some idea of what file or process might be causing the problem. That information would go a long way in helping me troubleshoot whatever the problem might be. Though to be honest, at this point, I feel like you're grasping at straws as you try to figure out what's really causing problems on the server. Because I've continued to have issues with another site (not PHP) hosted on the same server this weekend -- even while my "abusive" site has been shut down.

And now, to make matters worse, the email i just sent to tech support came back as a permanent delivery failure. I'm at a loss here.

Hello,

The problem was that it had never ending php processes when processing files from your site, there were 100's of php processes that did not end at all.

Where did you email for support?
The php processes cause other requests also to hang in IIS.

BTW your site is not disabled now, looks it is hanging again on php processes. If it is disabled it will give an error immediate, not continue processing like it is now, this is the root cause of what made the issues for the notice in the first place.

you may also want to consider moving php centric sites to linux, they will run better there in some cases, especially wordpress caching systems.

Which files/processes? I have no idea what I'm supposed to be fixing. There was one add-on to WordPress that I thought might be causing the problem, and I disabled it on Thursday morning. But judging by the fact you shut my site down again, I'm guessing that wasn't it. I don't understand how a basic WordPress blog with so little traffic can be causing so many problems.

I replied to an email that I got from [email protected] and it was returned with a permanent delivery failure.

There may be something more at play here, php processes were hanging badly on just a few domains, but it seems there is some other issue that could be in play.

Upon reboot it is not coming up well at all, working to resolve ASAP, in best case it comes up and we do orderly migration of accounts....in worst it is all nighter for me.

Back