Asp 2.0 & Sql 2005

rmethod

Perch
Next week, on the 7th, Microsoft will release both ASP.net 2.0 and SQL 2005. When will you guys upgrade your servers for this new software?

Thanks.
Richard M.

.net 2 will be on win 13 when its added to the cluster (when Win 12 is full)

dont think there is any imediate plans for MS SQL 2005 and will be more when Hsphere has it within the system as its very hard to manage otherwise

MSSQL2005 - Early next year (January or February). PSOFT has announced that they will be working on this feature

rmethod said:
Next week, on the 7th, Microsoft will release both ASP.net 2.0 and SQL 2005. When will you guys upgrade your servers for this new software?

Thanks.
Richard M.

Actually, that isnt true. ASP.net 2.0 and SQL 2005 have been out for a week now. It came out on October 27th. We've ordered licenses at work here for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. And you can download all of it via MSDN. I have been developing with both products since the first day it came out.

Good evening. Is there any chance you could tell us what is preventing SQL Server 2005 from arriving to Jodohost? Is it due to H-Sphere not supporting it.. or licensing?

Ah!! those HSphere guys! aahh! There was a post on their forums ( I did a search) asking if they were going to support SQL 2005, the response were that they will respond on the private "registered" forums .... sounds like something they are hiding :D

I won't post it all but here is some inside the customer area chat:
JodoHost

SQL 2005 - Any progress?
Comeon PSOFT, it has been 4 or 5 months since SQL2005 went into a production release.. SQL2005 has been in beta for over a year prior to that..

And yet, there is absolutely no word on support for it...

As a Windows host, its very very important for us to stay up to date on the latest offerings.. We've had to turn down many customers !!!

Later in the thread:
MSSQL Server 2005 support is announced in the upcoming HS 2.5RC2

Sorry to bump an old thread, but what's the word on MS SQL 2005? I'm very happy JodoHost offers .NET 2.0, but now I'm just waiting for MS SQL 2005. :) JodoHost is one of the few good Windows hosts I've found who offer .NET 2.0 for a reasonable price, so I'm hoping MS SQL 2005 follows soon.

Sounds great! :D I'll hold you to that, and will stick around hoping to see it before July 8 :)

A little off topic, but it amazes me how fast .net 2.0 and MS SQL 2005 caught on, as oppose to, say, PHP5 and MySQL5. I'm glad though, as .NET is my preference :D

Thanks a lot, again.

BTW, SQL 2005 SP1 is already out :D I expect ASP.NET 2.0 SP1 to be out in the next 3 months, it has same pretty severe performance bugs.

Back