ASP email from new cluster

brawney

Perch
Yash, I moved one of my sites to the new cluster. I configured the application to use CDOSYS and tried to send a couple email messages. I didn't get any errors. A couple methods I used did give errors, so I figured once I was getting no errors that everything was fine. This is an ASP app.

But I never received the email messages. I sent them to 2 different outside addresses. Perhaps you should check to make sure that server (win1) is letting email get out? Thanks.

brawney,
Please let me know your domainname and the link where you are submitting the form.
Win1 is very much configured with smtp and running fine so is CDONTS.

Please provide me the details asap...so we can fix the problem.

Regards,
Harish
System Administrator.

brawney said:
Yash, I moved one of my sites to the new cluster. I configured the application to use CDOSYS and tried to send a couple email messages. I didn't get any errors. A couple methods I used did give errors, so I figured once I was getting no errors that everything was fine. This is an ASP app.

But I never received the email messages. I sent them to 2 different outside addresses. Perhaps you should check to make sure that server (win1) is letting email get out? Thanks.

I'm running the ASPInvision version 2.5 portal (Mad Dog's portal). I moved everything form win5 to win1 and everything seems to be working fine except this email problem.

On win5 it works fine. I have tried that exact same config on win1 and it does not work. On win5 the email arrives in just a few seconds.

I have tried different configurations. Some give an ASP error, some don't. So I figured the ones not giving the ASP error should be sending the email. But they are never being sent.

I'm going to open a ticket with reference to this thread and more information about the URL and such. Thanks.

We are working on this. Seems to be a little more complicated.

We gave IUSR_win1 and IWAM_win1 full access to the the mail root folder yet CDONTS is giving Permission Denied and email from CDOSYS isn't going though. Had no problem configuring this on Win2000. Any of the Win2003 guys here know why?

We're looking into this anyway and should have it solved. Just a little new to Win2003.

OK. We fixed this problem. Hadn't given IWAN operator status on the SMTP server.

You should be able to use CDONTS, CDOSYS and AspMail without a problem on our Win2003 servers now

Thanks Yash. Everything is working for me now thorough my app.

CDOSYS, CDONTS and ASPMail works fine. Thanks!

Yash said:
OK. We fixed this problem. Hadn't given IWAN operator status on the SMTP server.

You should be able to use CDONTS, CDOSYS and AspMail without a problem on our Win2003 servers now
I haven't been to the forum for a few days, but I remember we were previously informed that CDONTS would not work on Win2003, and that users should switch to CDOSYS. Now it appears CDONTS will work on Win2003... is that correct? I was planning on changing all my e-mail enabled applications, but if I don't have to I'd rather not make unncessary changes.

Could you please clarify this? Thank you.

They installed CDONTS on the Win 2003 server so I don't believe you will need to change your program. I changed mine just because whenever possible I like to keep up to date.

Back