ASP .Net deployment Issue - Please help

T

thangaraj_tr

Hi,

Thanks in Advance.

This is what I want to do: let's say you have a web project web1.csproj within a solution file web.sln. If this project has an ASPX page page1.aspx with code behind page1.aspx.cs. I want to have web.sln, web1.csproj and page1.aspx.cs within one folder and page1.aspx within a separate folder. That way when we deploy to production, we can just copy all the aspx files without copy code behind files, etc.

Your deliverable should be a sample solution with the solution, project and code behind files in a 'Code' folder and the ASPX pages in a 'Web' folder. You should be able to work with the solution file in Visual Studio .NET, and when you compile, the DLLs should be placed in a bin folder within the 'Web' folder.

Could you please help me how to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Thankaraj

In .Net 1.1 just upload your compiled dll's into the bin folder, and the aspx files into the root and/or subfolders according to the structure of your web site. You do not need to upload any code behind files (aspx.cs) or project files or anything else. It's not as difficult as you seem to think.

If you are using VS2003 and not VS2005, you can use the project deployment in your IDE menus .. it will upload all required files to the proper directories on the proper server :) A one click deployment. I've done it several times here at Jodo host.

Back