ASP.NET pages failing to display

ikaden

Guppy
I recently had the session timeout issue that has been mentioned in previous posts so I created a trouble ticket to have it fixed.

During the attempts to fix the session timeout I got IIS directory security put on my website (prompts for username/password). Eventually that was removed and the session timeout issue was supposed to be fixed however when I went to test it, all of my aspx pages refused to load and I get the following generic message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
------------------------------------------------------------
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

I haven't changed any of my asp.net code so I think this must be a server configuration issue. Any help would be appreciated. The website is www.mobilemedicalinfo.com (ex. www.mobilemedicalinfo.com/login.aspx fails but accessing htm pages works fine). Thanks.

ikaden said:
however when I went to test it, all of my aspx pages refused to load and I get the following generic message:
Server Error in '/' Application.

ikaden,

There is an error occurring in your application, but your .Net settings do not allow IIS to display detailed information about it. Go to your web.config file and change
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
to
<customErrors mode="Off"/>

Then try to run again and you should see a detailed description of the error condition causing the problem.

riley

I originally had my web.config set to ?RemoteOnly? with the defaultRedirect to ?error.aspx?. I changed the mode to ?off? but I still see the same generic error page that tells me to update my web.config. Even if I try to access an aspx page that contains only html I still get errors. Is there something else I need to do besides updating the web.config and ftping it to the correct location?

ikaden said:
Is there something else I need to do besides updating the web.config and ftping it to the correct location?
Have you tried a full compile and copy of the web.config as well as the project.dll?

I wiped the directories clean, rebuild the app, and pushed the files back up but I'm still getting the error. The problem started right after the work on the session timeout.

I can't even access aspx files that don't contain any code what so ever (basically an html file renamed to aspx).

My web.config hasn't changed in weeks so I know it wasn't that. Is there a way to bounce/restart my instance? Can jodohost double check the ASP.NET is enabled correctly? (I checked in HSphere and it looks good).

Which OS are you working on?looks like your woker process account doesnt have enough permissons.This can be the problem even if you may wonder why it happens on fine day morning though you didnt change anything.Give it a try.

ikaden said:
I wiped the directories clean, rebuild the app, and pushed the files back up but I'm still getting the error. The problem started right after the work on the session timeout.

I can't even access aspx files that don't contain any code what so ever (basically an html file renamed to aspx).

My web.config hasn't changed in weeks so I know it wasn't that. Is there a way to bounce/restart my instance? Can jodohost double check the ASP.NET is enabled correctly? (I checked in HSphere and it looks good).

I am not sure exactly why someone else did not fix this a long time ago, but it is fixed now. I am sorry about the problems.

Back