Asp.net Session StateServer

We do generally run the state server, however sometimes the incorrect version of the state server is registered/running on the server for your app, and it doens't run multiple versions side by side.

The recylcing of the Pool on Win36 every 2 minutes for so is becoming a huge issue.

I've lost and had to refund one customer and another is close behind.

Since I sell an ecommerce package and not just hosting all the work I put into setting up a new client is lost when I have to refund.

In the 8 or so years I have been using Jodo for hosting my clients I've never had an issue like this.

You know how to reach us, we can certinaly check this, we just need more info.

win36 is NOT recycling pools every 2 minutes. It would never have asp.net sites working at all if it was, but I will need a lot more detail to check.

If you have a ticket outlining all this, I need an ID to check the URLs, I need to know asp.net versions to check the state server status, this is all stuff we can check just need the details to check them.

This was the issue i accidently put into the VPS help desk on the 14th asking about issues with Win36.

I was able to reproduce on a clients website that the session was going away after about 2 minutes. I then realized that I had complaints about the same crashes for at least several weeks from my newer clients which I had never been reproduce. ( because I wouldn't sit on the page)

I coded around the problem I was able to reproduce so I'll have to create an new test account and write a sample .Net app with logging to show the issue.

I have just confirmed the asp.net 4.0 state service is running on win36
For some reason I did not see this topic as updated so didn't get this till today.

I will check back to that old ticket and see if I can find anything useful in there to check further on the server.
Once we have cluster1 updated to the 3.6 edition of hpshere, which should happen quite soon we are just waiting on a service pack for PHP 5.3 in windows, we will add a 2008 R2 server on Cluster 1 that will help these matters and generally be far better than the current non R2 servers.

On Cluster2 we will soon add a R2 edition server as well.

Back