ASP.Net v2 hosting?

I've noticed a few other hosts are starting to offer ASP.Net v2 beta hosting. I was wondering when JodoHost will start doing this? There is a a Go-Live license availible for both ASP.Net v2 and SQL Server 2005 as of today.

Thanks,
Jason
http://jtucker.org

We just learned of the golive license, we will be looking into offering it on a beta level service.

I'm doing ASP.Net V2.0 dev on my Win03 servers now, but like most MS products I expect many changes from Beta to release.

Do you plan on supporting ASP.Net V2 soon after RTM - I will have a site ready to deploy when RTM ships.

officially we will support it when the control panel does, my latest testing with hsphere an asp.net 2.0 is looking like non compatible, so the development will have to come a ways.

Beta 2 is fully supported by MS.
Any chance you will have a Window 2003 server running Beta 3? Do you have a time line yet?

The control panel won't even run if asp.net 2.0 is installed, so there is no timeline for anything with current plans. If we did anything it would have to be outside of hsphere, I am not sure I am ready to manage that just yet, as it would be a highly manual process.

?( Hello,

If someone knows how from the custom control panel
define the start page for the site whether it default.htm
or default.aspx whatever I want to choose?

Thanks a lot.

I'm anxious to see Jodo support ASP.NET 2.0 but I'd like to wait till its stable. Don't want it causing any cascading effects on other ASP.NET 1.1 apps on the same server.

Just one question about hshpere and IIS: Will psoft ever support a feature that will allow us to create virtual directories and where they are directed to on our own? It is a bit of a hassle for me to put in a ticket for every asp.net app I want to host.

maverick1911 said:
Just one question about hshpere and IIS: Will psoft ever support a feature that will allow us to create virtual directories and where they are directed to on our own? It is a bit of a hassle for me to put in a ticket for every asp.net app I want to host.

Please ask this question at.. http://forum.psoft.net/

I think you can find a better reply to your suggestion/query.

Darn it! I'm eagerly waiting for 2.0 to be available at JodoHost.

I have a real dilema at the moment; write my new project with .Net 1.1 and stay with JodoHost, or use the fantastic new 2.0 and have to find another host :(

Hsphere simply doesn't support 2.0 right now, it is something that is so major we can't just install it and manually configure.

I completely understand Stephen - I appreciate your hands are tied by HSphere.

It does however present me (and no doubt a few others) with a problem. We're already moving over to 2.0 for all new developments and we can't host them with JodoHost. I started my latest project in 2.0 hoping that, by the time it was nearing completion, JodoHost would be 2.0 ready.

I'm doing all my current development in 2.0 and will be migrating all my managed projects in the very near term. Despite using beta tools, development time is cut substantially.

Unfortunately, I'll have to go elsewhere for hosting unless you can put a solution in place VERY SOON. Providers are clearly doing it -- there's a list at Microsoft at http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/beta2/hosters/default.aspx -- so they must have found a way to manage accounts now. I'm pointing out the list so that you can look into solutions other than H-Sphere.

Note that at least one of the providers offers ASP.NET 1.1 account holders a FREE 2.0 account, so whatever overhead they are experiencing can't be too expensive.

I've really appreciated your service with my .NET 1.1 account. It's too bad about H-Sphere, but you need to let them know that they are putting you are at a serious competitive disadvantage to those other providers, or you need to find another solution.

Best,

John

Just a few points with my opinion, and some current status.

Hsphere and 2.0 still won't work together.

2.0 beta or RC will never be run on a production server I manage that has customers depending on it for production websites. It is not wise, it is not good.

there won't be a beta 3. after beta 2, .net 2.0 goes to release candidate stage. I'd recommend not wasting time with 2.0 beta now at jodo because there are still lots of issues with it. Even now, it's not fully backwards compatible with 1.1.

the only way it would make any sense to start playing with is on a brand new server that normal customers don't get put on.

Back