ASPNet Components

mykidz

Guppy
When will we have ASP.Net based components. All the existing components like ASPImage, ASPInet etc. are ASP based and not ASP.Net oriented

There are several ASPnet components like

aspNetDns
aspNetEmail
aspNetIMAP
aspNetMime

available at (http://www.advancedintellect.com)
There may be many more similar offerings.

JodoHost already supports ASP.Net 3.5 but the installed components are much older.

many of these tinhgs work without such object in the /bin folder and are much more secure that way(not ssaying these directly) due to the nature of .net and it negates much need for having the insecure system based install.

We are having a lot of problems with ASPPop3 component
Seems it has become outdated now.

Any Suggestions?

You can send us ticket with link in which you are getting error. We will check it.

I guess, you are using asppop3 with ASP.NET. Sorry but asppsp3 can not work with ASP.NEt

Some time ago I wanted a pop3 component for .NET and tried this since it was reasonably priced.

http://www.4-asp.net/products/pop3.aspx

Initially it didn't work on medium trust but I emailed them and they sent back a modified version which worked. It looks like the released version does medium trust now. I tested it on JodoHost but abandoned my project before I really used it.

You can use .NET components like these in your projects without needing help from JodoHost.

Ross

Hi Manish

We are NOT using ASPPop3 with ASP.net
We are using simple ASP code.

I don't believe he was saying you were, he was just saying that the means to wrapper it over it over into asp.net won't function use to medium trust level really.

Other reply was correct as I said these asp.net files work out of /bin as well and no need to do systemwide installs.

All I wanted to highlight was, that there are newer options in .Net (like Jodohost claims to support ver 3.5 now) the components should also match the upgrades.

Maybe its a good idea to have some components available which work better with ASP.Net at least.

All I wanted to highlight was, that there are newer options in .Net (like Jodohost claims to support ver 3.5 now) the components should also match the upgrades.

Maybe its a good idea to have some components available which work better with ASP.Net at least.

Really the difference was in asp such would not work at all, with asp.net you can do most all of the components yourself. It is a much more flexible language for shared hosting in this regard because it is so extensible.

Yes, that is what we are doing right now. Creating our own components.
Just that its adding time to our project.

Back