Att: Manager of Windows Operation (Ticket# BPS-50645-633)

Dear Manager of Windows Operation,

It's been almost 20 hours since Deepack answered my ticket and said that the ticket would be forwarded to you. Any updates yet?

Please feel free to contact me if you need additional information to investigate the "unexpected termination of seesions" issues that I assumed in the ticket.

Please note again, the website has never experienced this problem in the few months here prior to March 21st and the 1 years in the previous host(s).

It will be extremely appreciated if this issue can be resloved by the end of today. Thank you very much.

Hi

We are investigating this but sessions dropping is a common problem on Windows 2003/IIS6 acknowledged by Microsoft as well. The only real solution is to use database based session management.

Hello,

Deepak may have forwarded this to me, but I was out with family for the holiday weekend, I will work on this today if the ticket is still in place.

Thank you very much for resloving this issue.

The management part of the website (for managers) seems working perfectly after this problem is corrected. The shopping cart (for customers) still seems to be a little bumpy every now and then. So far none of the orders are reocrded in the database (those orders might have been placed before the problem was resloved). I'll keep tracking the website performance and keep you posted.

Again, thanks for the great support and hope you had a great holiday with your family last weekend.

I noticed there is more than one domain, are the admin and customer ends different domains or subdomains? I may need to make the same change to each of them.

Admin and customer ends at the same domain (www.flagsimporter.com). No subdomain was created and used.

The other domain was created to host the origianl website when my client asked me to move the website out of the old host where they didn't have access to the domain control panel for www.flagsimporter.com.

Now that everything is in its place finally, redirect is placed on the other domain to redirect traffic to www.flagsimporter.com.

In this case, I am not sure if the changes need to be made to the other domain because it simply just redirecting people to www.flagsimporter.com.

In your professional opinion, should the changes be made to the other domain?

No they should not be made, itmakes no sense one works and the ohter doesn't from a server standpoint. Could you check your server.timeout code now that I have the server setup and working?

emaytrix... i know you didnt ask for any comments on that site.. but the word "service" is spelled incorrectly on the bottom.. it is currently spelled "sevice"

After monitoring the website for about an hour to make sure that no session is dropping, I set the session.timeout for managers back to 120 (it was changed to 600 last week) because I read that setting a session too long eats up sever's resouces. No changes were made on the session.timeout for customers.

However, I checked the default session timeout just now. It says 600. Is this number looks right to you?

doctorallia said:
emaytrix... i know you didnt ask for any comments on that site.. but the word "service" is spelled incorrectly on the bottom.. it is currently spelled "sevice"

Thank you for pointing it out, doctorallia. The typo is corrected now.

The website is working very well now. The orders received in the past hour are correctly recorded in the database. My phone finally stopped ringing about the problems in the website (now the managers are writting emails to me and complaining about the sales they lost during the weekend. Sigh...wish those emails were to thank me...)

Anyways, thank you so much for the amazing support. It definitely makes my day more beautiful than ever :)

Back