att.net

snooper

Perch
a client contacted att.net about their blockage on JH, this was their reply.

Is there nothing more we can do?

> From: [email protected]
> Date: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:43:42 PM US/Pacific
> To: ****@att.net (by way of \"ATT.NET RBL\"
> <[email protected]>)
> Subject: Re: Mistakenly blocked message [122104-154342-8111-54]
>
> Dear AT&T WorldNet Services Member,
>
> Thank you for contacting the AT&T Internet Investigations and Security Systems Team at [email protected].
>
> A nondelivery report indicates that a mail system has been blocked from sending mail to all att.net addresses. We block systems that have been heavily involved in spam-related activity. The administrator responsible for the offending mail system will need to contact us to resolve the issue. Please contact the administrator of the ISP or sending mail service.
>
> We regret any inconvenience this block has caused. The ever-increasing volumes of spam requires us to be vigilant in our antispam efforts for the benefit of everyone's e-mail experience.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> AT&T Internet Investigations and Security Systems Team
>

I've sent them an email at that address.. I was sending email to a different one

Let's hope they respond.

And again, it seems. I just got this:

Remote host said: 550-204.14.106.14 blocked by ldap:eek:u=rblmx,dc=worldnet,dc=att,dc=net
550 Blocked for abuse. See http://www.att.net/general-info/rblinquiry.html

Sheesh, first my email to Comcast getting blocked (on two occasions). Now this. Is there something that can be done to avoid these huge time-wasters in the future?

Here's what their web page says about it:
If you received a Non-Delivery Report (NDR) informing you that your message was not delivered, and it contained the following information: "550 . . . blocked by blocklist for spam-related activity," this means that your mail was blocked because it was sent by a system that we have reason to think has sent high levels of spam to our customers in the past.

Admins, I think it's up to you now.....

X(

This has been taken care of. Thanks for notifying us.
I'll email ATT.net later today.

Back