AWStats Inaccurate

Logan

Perch
Has anoyone noticed that the stats reported by AWStats is no longer accurate as of early this week?

I usually see daily traffic in the 200-300M range, and as of Sunday or Monday (there-abouts) the traffic dropped to 10M/day. I know this is not the case so I stopped AWStats, deleted the directory and archive, and then started it again. Stats are still in the 10M/day range, and I know this is not correct as I hve checked the log files and can see that more than 10M is being transferred each day.

Is anyone else seeing odd behaviour like this? If so, let me know and I'll submit a ticket for it.

hmm, I've not seen a drop in the stats for jodohost.com.
Anyway, I'll check this out for your specific server

Logan said:
Has anoyone noticed that the stats reported by AWStats is no longer accurate as of early this week?

OK, I think I found out what is going on. I usually delete my log files each day. What seems to be happening is that AWStats is now processing the log files later than it was previously. So instead of getting the full log files, it's getting very small ones since I delete them before AWStats kicked in.

I have temporarily disabled my scheduled job to delete my log files to see if this improves the situation, since it doesn't appear that we have any control over when AWStats processes our log files to produce the stats.

Logan said:
OK, I think I found out what is going on. I usually delete my log files each day. What seems to be happening is that AWStats is now processing the log files later than it was previously. So instead of getting the full log files, it's getting very small ones since I delete them before AWStats kicked in.

Yup, that was the problem. Leaving the log files on the server for an extra day allowed AWStats to process them properly (in case anyone else cares...).

Back