AWstats problem AGAIN

Scott

Perch
A few weeks ago, you solved the problem with AWStats on WIN2, concerning the page generation.

Nevertheless, AWstats has stopped saving visitor data, and it states that my site does not have any visitors anymore, which is impossible.

Any others with this problem?

Regards,
Niels

I also have this problem. On win2 the AWStats pages do not generate. Also, Webalizer doesn't update anymore. It says I've been stuck at 7500 or so hits for a looooong time. Usually I get much more than that.

I'm quite fed up with having to send trouble tickets for all these AWStats problems. If JodoHost offers AWStats to their customers, they have to offer it working for 100%, and not working from time to time.

I thank the support team for having fixed the problem regarding the page generation, but after that, the problem with not logging visits anymore arose... I was on holiday, so I noticed it just last week... I don't think it's very difficult to ask the support team to check - after having repaired a problem - if everything (EVERYTHING) keeps working fine...

My 2 cents...

Regards..

I'm sorry guys, we are definately working on this with PSOFT. They have really complicated the entire logging system by introducing their own logging module so we are really dependent on them on such issues.

We should have a resolution shortly and everyone will be able to view stats normally once again

same here. the last time webalizer generated a report was at:

Summary Period: Last 12 Months
Generated 13-Aug-2004 01:56 Eastern Daylight Time

We are still working on this. PSOFT seems clueless. We are going to try a few things and we should hopefully have stats generation working shortly

The issue was related to Log format. H-sphere uses a totally different log format H-Sphere Web Transfer Log plug-in for logging the site activity. To correct your stats you have to do the following
1> Turn off Webalizer and Awstats from the CP
2> Turn off Transfer log from the CP
3> Turn On the transfer log from the CP (this would set the above correct plugin for logging)
4> Turn On Webalizer and Awstats.

If there is an issue after this kindly send in a trouble ticket reporting the domain you are having issues with.

All right, thanks ! Followed your guidelines, and will check tomorrow morning if it works now...

One more AWstats request : the countries... And that'll be it for me, and JodoHost has a fully working stats viewer...

Regards,
Niels

swolstrup said:
Thanks guys. I followed your instructions and it seems to be working. I'll keep an eye on it. :))

Yah, are you getting country details, or is everying lumped into "Unknown"?

Logan said:
Yah, are you getting country details, or is everying lumped into "Unknown"?

The country problem is still unsolved, at the moment. I hope it'll be solved pretty soon, though, then I can start enjoying AWstats for 100% :)

Regards,
Niels

Scott said:
The country problem is still unsolved, at the moment. I hope it'll be solved pretty soon, though, then I can start enjoying AWstats for 100% :)

Regards,
Niels

Don't hold your breath. It's been many months since the problem was original raised with JH.

Logan said:
Don't hold your breath. It's been many months since the problem was original raised with JH.

We tried quite a bit to resolve this issue. I'll be giving it another look today

Logan said:
"Today" is over on both your side and my side of the world. Any progress?

No. I tried installing the geo module of AwStats on a test site, doesn't seem to be working well with the logs. I'm going to be posting this at PSOFT's forum to see if any other hosts have been able to achieve this.

We plan to offer a 3rd commercial stats solution soon so that should make up for some of the minor shortfalls of AwStats

Yash said:
No. I tried installing the geo module of AwStats on a test site, doesn't seem to be working well with the logs. I'm going to be posting this at PSOFT's forum to see if any other hosts have been able to achieve this.

We plan to offer a 3rd commercial stats solution soon so that should make up for some of the minor shortfalls of AwStats
Commercial... In which way? Commercial for us, the users, or commercial for JodoHost (you buy licenses from another firm) ? Being commercial for the customers wouldn't be a very good idea, I think.
Let's assume you take the third stats solution :
Then you have 1) Webalizer (which isn't very useful), 2) AWStats (which works fine, but no list of countries -> it works for about 95%), and 3) a commercial solution, for which the customers should pay. If AWstats offers an overview of countries, it should be working, whether it is hosted on JodoHost's servers, or on company x's servers. And I don't want to blame JodoHost (as a computer scientist I am aware of the fact that these things are not always the end-user's fault), but JodoHost should take all necessary steps to make their solutions work for 100%, and not even for 99%...

My 2 cents (in bad English)

Regards,
Niels

Back