AWStats

Logan

Perch
My AWStats page has been broken since Tuesday and despite submitting a ticket 3 days ago, the problem has not yet been fixed.

Yet another example of incomptenence.

If anyone from JH actually wants to fix this problem, the ticket number is YAZ-57136-335.

Your ticket hasn't been responded to in the last 12 or so hours. The delay is due to some access issues we were having on Win5. Currently, it can only be accessed from console. The issue will be resolved shortly. You can expect your ticket to be updated in a few hours as well as your issue being resolved

Logan said:
Yet another example of incompetence.

Going through your support history and the last several tickets, I see no example of incompetence. Your tickets are always answered promptly and rarely is there a delay (this is the first delay I am seeing).

So if you feel support has lacked, do let me know.

Yash,

Thanks for advising of the access problem to win5. A reply to my ticket to that effect would have been appreciated before now.

The delay in resolving this problem may indeed be rare, but it seems that everytime I do have a problem, it takes too long to fix it. And more often than not, a communication problem is usually involved (e.g. lack of updates, closing tickets before the problem is fixed, etc.).

I have given up raising these issue in an effort to be proactive. My only goal these days is to get problems fixed when they occur.

I recommend you go through your last several tickets. There has been NO delay in responses to you, maybe you are forgetting.

There has been a delay in ths case and I appologize. STATS generation shouldn't hang and we regularly audit the metabase for such issues. But at times it does happen and we do promptly correct it when notified

a communication problem is usually involved (e.g. lack of updates, closing tickets before the problem is fixed, etc.).

Please be specific. I have seen no ticket apart from this one that has a lack of updates or hasn't been answered promptly. When a support operator believes a ticket has been resolved, he marks the issue as resolved. If it isn't, just reply to it and it automatically reopens. We mark tickets as resolved proactively because many customers don't mark it themselves and it ends up building up into a huge ticket queue that only grows.

Yash said:
We mark tickets as resolved proactively because many customers don't mark it themselves and it ends up building up into a huge ticket queue that only grows.

The better quality process would be to obtain confirmation from the reporter that the problem has been resolved before closing the ticket. At the very least, request confirmation from the reporter and if not received within 48 hours, then the ticket can be closed. I consider anything less to be inadequate.

I understand the need to close the ticket, and the unreliable expectation that the reporter will do it themselves. However considered the problem resolved without getting confirmation from the reporter is irresponsible IMO.

Logan,

some places even close the ticket with a reply like "please provide the url" just to get it out of queue, we do not do that and you are free to reopen any ticket, at any time.

cerberus is very hard to manage if you have mroe than 10 tickets "open" or waiting for customer replies, but we manage, I would not consider it irresponsible to set a flag to resolved when the issue is handled, the customer is still free to reopen.

Back