Backup of a single table?

Is it possible to get a backup of a single table restored on SQL Server? I did a boneheaded thing on thankfully a non-critical table. Is this something that I should even bother opening a ticket on?

If it's just an all DB backup or nothing, then I just assume leave things as is and resolve to be a little more careful with the keystrokes in the future. X(

We can really only restore a whole DB, as the full trasaction logs are not stored(we get 4-5 requests a day to clear them on simple, on full we'd have 40-50!)

However we can send you the BAK, you can restore locally and DTS them over if you wish.

Stephen,

The backup will do nicely, thanks! And as a bonus I'll get an updated local DB copy to test against in the future. I'll open a ticket to get this done.

Cheers!

Make sure you state the date and get the ticket in before too awful long, we try to keep at least a week of backups, and then most of the time one 2-3 weeks old for an archive as well. :)

Stephen,

I got the backup and it had all of the data I needed. The table in question has been fully restored. Everything's perfect. The turnaround on the ticket was very fast. You guys rock!

Back