Backup options

brawney

Perch
What is a "block level backup"? Is this an image of the hard drive (full backup of OS and everything)? Could this be restored to bring our VPS back to the exact same setup as it was when it was backed up?

Do the Lite or Value plans include any kind of backup? It seems that they do not. It seems the only way to get backups is to buy the $20/mo "OS-Level" tech support package. Is that true, or is there a way to pay for a backup to be taken of the OS every 3 months?

Thanks.

Hello,

Block up level backup is complete image of all and it can be restored to bring your VPS back to the
exact same setup as it was when it was backed up and correct also they do not include backup in the plans.

We can setup an iSCSI disk mount for a backup depending on space needs it can range from $5 to $50/m and backups can be taken on it. If you wanted an offline storage backup we could take one every 3 months like you ask there, but it would be more a fee each time, take the backup for a virtual drive and then offer you to download it.
This isn't something we've done in the past so don't have a price for that, interesting idea and we will work
on making a price for such a service.

With Regards,
Mukesh Singh

Thanks Mukesh. I don't think I need a copy of the backup. I just need to be sure that JH has a copy of the backup that they could restore if needed. So maybe I pay JH $35 for one hour of support every 3 months to do the backup for me?

It sounds like doing my own backups with an iSCSI plan would be more expensive than just paying JH to do it on the $20/mo "OS-Level" tech support package.

I just wanted to understand my options. Some VPS hosts will perform a backup on request for a small fee and I was not sure if JH offered that service or not.

I just wanted to understand my options. Some VPS hosts will perform a backup on request for a small fee and I was not sure if JH offered that service or not.

we don't have such options now but will evaluate offering such.

Back