Before I switch, a couple of questions

Let me preface this post with the fact that I'm a little jaded right now (Having bad experience with current hosting company, so I'm a little tweaked. Sorry if questions are bit snippy)

Are the Easy Apps standard across Hsphere ? (Which are available w/ JodoHost?)

What registrar does JodoHost utilize?

I have about 17 domains to move (and 3 customers) What kind of support can I expect?

As a reseller, will I be able to call someone for support or do I only get e-mail support and it take a week to reply?

What if the on-line doc's do not cover my question, can I call someone or get live chat 24/7? (I'm generally up 1-4 am so my support request generally will be after hours (CST).

If I order the anonymous support for my customers, will I be able to tweak (brand) my support forums? Can I add additional information for my customers?

Some hosting companies utilizing Hsphere have windows media servers, do ya'll have those?

Many of my potential prospects are professionals in the entertainment industry, and multi-media, streaming audio / video is very important. Demo reels, heavy flash and picture portfolio's are very import to my customers / potentials.

I have a big presentation the 19th thru the 21st of May. I need to be back up and running properly by then (500 potentials at a weekend independent music conference). Will ya'll help me? (I can do the "work" I just need accurate and quick answers to my questions, e-mail is fine but "reply speed" is very important. I need answers yesterday!)

As a reseller will I be able to set up other resellers? (There are a couple of potentials, non-profit industry trade associations, that if they had a reseller account, could generate a few additional non-dues revenues by offering web hosting to their members. (I have a good chance at winning the contract because I was a former board member and the association experienced tremendous growth during my tenure. They have about 800 members.)

What version of Hsphere are ya'll using?

Do ya'll allow customizations / support of Hsphere? (http://www.hspheretemplates.com/)

Will ya'll provide all the "legal agreements" I need for my customers hosting accounts? (I had to pull them my self from the other company)

Will ya'll provide help files that I can set-up (maybe brand) for my customers? (That I can place help files in a 3rd level domain like help.mydomain.com?) Currently my help is at another domain and many files are missing and I can't get them to fix it! arg!!!

Does your live chat system send the transcript of the chat session?

Because I'm a little new to Hsphere, once I get a few plans created can I get someone to review them to make sure I set them up properly so I'm not giving away the store, so-to-speak?

Thanks

Q. Are the Easy Apps standard across Hsphere ? (Which are available w/ JodoHost?)

A. It is available only on the linux platform, we do not have it on the windows platform as it has no windows apps and does not have a way to provision windows/asp apps.

Q. What registrar does JodoHost utilize?

A. DirectI

Q. I have about 17 domains to move (and 3 customers) What kind of support can I expect?

A. We can and will help in the reseller admin and service plan setup, and help guide with customer plans, from this point you can FTP the content over, and if you need any special permissions we can set those.

Q. As a reseller, will I be able to call someone for support or do I only get e-mail support and it take a week to reply?

A. We offer ticket, live chat, and phone. We recommend ticket or livechat first.

Q. What if the on-line doc's do not cover my question, can I call someone or get live chat 24/7? (I'm generally up 1-4 am so my support request generally will be after hours (CST).

A. Yes, we have multiple staff available 24/7, I am also a bit of a night owl and patrol the forums at that time, and the forums are a good place for questions and answers if they can be in a general sense, as others can search them later.

Q. If I order the anonymous support for my customers, will I be able to tweak (brand) my support forums? Can I add additional information for my customers?

A. It is limited in what you can do, it changes the brand on the helpdesk, any replies all show to be from your support address, but it is not "fully skinnable", it is the cerberus public GUI interface.

Q. Some hosting companies utilizing Hsphere have windows media servers, do ya'll have those?

A. No.

Many of my potential prospects are professionals in the entertainment industry, and multi-media, streaming audio / video is very important. Demo reels, heavy flash and picture portfolio's are very import to my customers / potentials.

Q. I have a big presentation the 19th thru the 21st of May. I need to be back up and running properly by then (500 potentials at a weekend independent music conference). Will ya'll help me? (I can do the "work" I just need accurate and quick answers to my questions, e-mail is fine but "reply speed" is very important. I need answers yesterday!)

A. We will reply to all tickets as fast as possible, some tickets can't be answered by level 1 or two on duty may take a bit longer to be answered by a level 3 tech or manager. Live chat is also available for a "live reply" but again they can't handle every issue. Tasks that can't be handled by the level1/2 are getting to be fewer and fewer, but would include things like requests for software install(com objects and the like), request for special settings on a domain/app pool may need to by run by me or another level3 tech, and a few other situations.

Q. As a reseller will I be able to set up other resellers? (There are a couple of potentials, non-profit industry trade associations, that if they had a reseller account, could generate a few additional non-dues revenues by offering web hosting to their members. (I have a good chance at winning the contract because I was a former board member and the association experienced tremendous growth during my tenure. They have about 800 members.)

A. Nested resellers is not an option with Hsphere, for any provider to be able to offer.

Q. What version of Hsphere are ya'll using?

A. We are running 2.4.3 Patch10+security updates, which is basically patch11 before they rolled it all into one update.

Q. Do ya'll allow customizations / support of Hsphere? (http://www.hspheretemplates.com/)

A. We have some installed already, of note is that such items can not be installed "per reseller" they are system-wide.

Q. Will ya'll provide all the "legal agreements" I need for my customers hosting accounts? (I had to pull them my self from the other company)

A. We welcome customers to use ours, as long as they change the relevant fields regarding business name, any contact info, etc.

Q. Will ya'll provide help files that I can set-up (maybe brand) for my customers? (That I can place help files in a 3rd level domain like help.mydomain.com?) Currently my help is at another domain and many files are missing and I can't get them to fix it! arg!!!

A. You can use the Psoft end user docs and make a page such as this, we are working on something more, but it is not live yet.

Q. Does your live chat system send the transcript of the chat session?

A. If you click the close/end chat icon, it will offer, if you click the X, no.

Q. Because I'm a little new to Hsphere, once I get a few plans created can I get someone to review them to make sure I set them up properly so I'm not giving away the store, so-to-speak?

A. Sure, we'd gladly do this, in fact it is great you asked because we would like to do this for more resellers. It prevents so many problems down the road, where we get angry tickets and a livechat about how insecure Hsphere is that it allows someone to sign up without paying, when the service plan was set to no billing, which does not get moderated, and works immediately :( (That full reply may have gone above your knowledge of hsphere, but in short, yes, we would gladly look over your plans!)

Stephen said:
Q. Are the Easy Apps standard across Hsphere ? (Which are available w/ JodoHost?)

A. It is available only on the linux platform, we do not have it on the windows platform as it has no windows apps and does not have a way to provision windows/asp apps.

(I'm confused, I currently have a reseller account (with the other company) and the easy apps are available for windows plans. Right now all my customers are on windows plans and they all support easy apps. What is different?, (like you can really see??? bad question sorry) I don't want to post a link in a public forum, would you e-mail me so I can send you a link for your to look at? I have no clue about lunix / unix, sorry I'm a windows semi-geek)

Also do you have a list of all the easy apps available?

Q. What registrar does JodoHost utilize?

A. DirectI

Q. I have about 17 domains to move (and 3 customers) What kind of support can I expect?

A. We can and will help in the reseller admin and service plan setup, and help guide with customer plans, from this point you can FTP the content over, and if you need any special permissions we can set those.

Q. As a reseller, will I be able to call someone for support or do I only get e-mail support and it take a week to reply?

A. We offer ticket, live chat, and phone. We recommend ticket or livechat first.

Q. What if the on-line doc's do not cover my question, can I call someone or get live chat 24/7? (I'm generally up 1-4 am so my support request generally will be after hours (CST).

A. Yes, we have multiple staff available 24/7, I am also a bit of a night owl and patrol the forums at that time, and the forums are a good place for questions and answers if they can be in a general sense, as others can search them later.

Q. If I order the anonymous support for my customers, will I be able to tweak (brand) my support forums? Can I add additional information for my customers?

A. It is limited in what you can do, it changes the brand on the helpdesk, any replies all show to be from your support address, but it is not "fully skinnable", it is the cerberus public GUI interface.

Q. Some hosting companies utilizing Hsphere have windows media servers, do ya'll have those?

A. No.

Q. I have a big presentation the 19th thru the 21st of May. I need to be back up and running properly by then (500 potentials at a weekend independent music conference). Will ya'll help me? (I can do the "work" I just need accurate and quick answers to my questions, e-mail is fine but "reply speed" is very important. I need answers yesterday!)

A. We will reply to all tickets as fast as possible, some tickets can't be answered by level 1 or two on duty may take a bit longer to be answered by a level 3 tech or manager. Live chat is also available for a "live reply" but again they can't handle every issue. Tasks that can't be handled by the level1/2 are getting to be fewer and fewer, but would include things like requests for software install(com objects and the like), request for special settings on a domain/app pool may need to by run by me or another level3 tech, and a few other situations.

Q. As a reseller will I be able to set up other resellers? (There are a couple of potentials, non-profit industry trade associations, that if they had a reseller account, could generate a few additional non-dues revenues by offering web hosting to their members. (I have a good chance at winning the contract because I was a former board member and the association experienced tremendous growth during my tenure. They have about 800 members.)

A. Nested resellers is not an option with Hsphere, for any provider to be able to offer.

Q. What version of Hsphere are ya'll using?

A. We are running 2.4.3 Patch10+security updates, which is basically patch11 before they rolled it all into one update.

Q. Do ya'll allow customizations / support of Hsphere? (http://www.hspheretemplates.com/)

A. We have some installed already, of note is that such items can not be installed "per reseller" they are system-wide.

Q. Will ya'll provide all the "legal agreements" I need for my customers hosting accounts? (I had to pull them my self from the other company)

A. We welcome customers to use ours, as long as they change the relevant fields regarding business name, any contact info, etc.

Q. Will ya'll provide help files that I can set-up (maybe brand) for my customers? (That I can place help files in a 3rd level domain like help.mydomain.com?) Currently my help is at another domain and many files are missing and I can't get them to fix it! arg!!!

A. You can use the Psoft end user docs and make a page such as this, we are working on something more, but it is not live yet.

(What about these guys? http://www.hsphereassist.com/index.html)

Q. Does your live chat system send the transcript of the chat session?

A. If you click the close/end chat icon, it will offer, if you click the X, no.

Q. Because I'm a little new to Hsphere, once I get a few plans created can I get someone to review them to make sure I set them up properly so I'm not giving away the store, so-to-speak?

A. Sure, we'd gladly do this, in fact it is great you asked because we would like to do this for more resellers. It prevents so many problems down the road, where we get angry tickets and a livechat about how insecure Hsphere is that it allows someone to sign up without paying, when the service plan was set to no billing, which does not get moderated, and works immediately :( (That full reply may have gone above your knowledge of hsphere, but in short, yes, we would gladly look over your plans!)

(Thanks for the quick repy, and that certainly answers my most important question, is someone actually there. Looks like you guys / gals are real!)

(I'm confused, I currently have a reseller account (with the other company) and the easy apps are available for windows plans. Right now all my customers are on windows plans and they all support easy apps. What is different?, (like you can really see??? bad question sorry) I don't want to post a link in a public forum, would you e-mail me so I can send you a link for your to look at? I have no clue about lunix / unix, sorry I'm a windows semi-geek)

Also do you have a list of all the easy apps available?

On windows none. This is as much as anything my choice, as I see TOO many people just install something from easyapps, then 4 months later their site gets hacked because they did not do anything to it, and it has some major hole, this happens on unix and windows, but since all the EasyApps are PHP(outdated versions at this point even), we decided not to use easyapps on windows servers until they will support the installation of a range of apps like Community Server, DotNetNuke, WebWiz forums, and other windows apps.

On the linux side, everything here is available to be installed:
http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/admin/easyapp_list.html

Just stepping back and another personal note, I and some of the other admins would prefer you send a ticket and us assist you in the installation of an application properly using the downloadable version from their website, over using EasyApps, using the upgrader for easyapps trashes the install most of the time, it is incredibly hard to upgrade by hand, and overall puts you its mercy, which IMO is not a good thing.

Hsphereassist is good docs, you could do with that if you wanted, psoft also has a free version for download here:
http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/index.html

Go down to the bottom, and to end user.
We are working on something else in the near future, I just have to find the time to do it all.

Back