Billing period services.

I have a customer signed up and she has purchased a monthly maintenance package from me. I charged her $30.00/mo to maintain her site for her. I added this $30.00/mo charge as a Billing period based debit on her invoice. when I went to review her account invoice information, it said that the charge was $29.18 and not $30.00, but the Billing period based debit is recorded as $30.00. I am confused. I also credited her account because she is paying via check and the credit added was for one month of hosting and the invoice says balance is $0.22 possitive. how can that be when I credited her account only the amount charged? Please login and view. I will create a trouble ticket as well if sensitive info is needed.

Where did you add $ 30.00? One way to debit these charges is to add it as Service in billing section.

atulkumar said:
Where did you add $ 30.00? One way to debit these charges is to add it as Service in billing section.

Yes. That is what i did. I added the $30.00 charge as a service in the billing period to be charged monthly. but it is $29.18 in the invoice. not $30.00. please login and have a look. I opened a support ticket about this. refer to that ticket.

MarkeyHost said:
Could it have anything to do with the add on service being pro rated?

ok, markey hit it on the head. her account had been activated already and thus the system pro-rated the charge. I guess that's cool, but I was hoping it would just add the $30.00 charge since the service was $30.00. but if it is included in the monthly payments and it started a day into it, I guess it would get pro-rated. problem solved. Thanks.

Back