"Branding" DWMail

skypanther

Exalted Code Master!
In http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=8232, Yash said:

Resellers could brand this webmail URL by simply adding a CNAME record to any of their domains or subdomains pointing to hspheremail.info or the IP address. Detailed instructions will be posted shortly.

Can someone post instructions? I need to do this for two clients and I'm afraid I'm not sure I can do it right without a little help.

What I really want to do is set up a subdomain, like webmail.theirdomain.com and have it go to DWMail. But, I'd rather not have it just forward to an IP address and instead keep the webmail.theirdomain.com in the URL as they work with DWMail. If that's not doable, I'll set up the forwarding subdomain.

Thanks,
Tim

That was when we first set it up, I tihnk since we moved it to the webmail server the steps will be different now. I need to speak to Tanmaya to see if this is something you can do now.

That was when we first set it up, I tihnk since we moved it to the webmail server the steps will be different now. I need to speak to Tanmaya to see if this is something you can do now.

I too want to be able to "brand" DWmail in order to have it always show webmail.domain.com.

No CNAME, but you need to use an A record that points to webmail server IP. IP wont be listed here any longer as it is being used in webmail URLs, so please PM or get on a ticket.

And if the IP were to ever change? I am not too comfortable with setting it up as an A record without some assurance that it won't change for some time, and notification will be sent out well in advance to be able to find and change it on our side.

That being said, I do have it set up and it is working (although it needed a little coaxing).

We'll let you know if the IP changes. Infact i know quite a people may or will have it in their custom setup.

An "A" record kind of works.. but DWMail is still a subdirectory.

An "A" record doesn't solve the problem of branding DWMail.

I did a pseudo-work around. I created an A record as indicated. The on my main site, I created a file and used it to create a redirect to the dwmail subdirectory. It's a pain in the butt, and doesn't work if someone directly types it in to their browser. But for now, it'll have to do.

-Ben

I'll see what best we can do here. Our intent is to host them on a seperate public IP each, but we need to see how far we can go for this with Hsphere and the webmail plugin we are going to use.

Back