.BreakTheSky.

Try clicking on ".BreakTheSky." SubSpace :p

But you've got a good point, nothing indicates where to click to enter the site. Maybe clicking anywhere on the image instead of just the title?

The fact that even though on a high resolution you're still forced to scroll is irritating, but understandable due to the site being designed around the image of the CD cover.

I'd also change the links on the site to show breakthesky.co.uk instead of breakthe.e29.emotive-designs.co.uk ;)

Other than that the site looks nice :] Congrats

The entire image should be a link, imo ;)

Also, in Firefox the background image of the inline frame scrolls together with the text, which looks kinda ugly.

I think the left 3 navigation buttons are somewhat hard to read. Also I think the the links on the actual content pages are somewhat hard to read.

I personally find it odd that the texts on the buttons vanish when you hover over them, but that's minor.

A single line message on the contact form, with only room for a single medium length sentence also seems a bit limiting :)

Apart from that I think it looks good :)

JoCald said:
The fact that even though on a high resolution you're still forced to scroll is irritating, but understandable due to the site being designed around the image of the CD cover.

I'd also change the links on the site to show breakthesky.co.uk instead of breakthe.<removed> ;)
Do you mean having to scroll the inline frame? True true, I'll have to have a think about that one.

As for the breakthe.<removed> , I'm waiting for my client to change the nameservers on their domain. I swear he's never online!

SubSpace said:
The entire image should be a link, imo ;)

Also, in Firefox the background image of the inline frame scrolls together with the text, which looks kinda ugly.

I think the left 3 navigation buttons are somewhat hard to read. Also I think the the links on the actual content pages are somewhat hard to read.

I personally find it odd that the texts on the buttons vanish when you hover over them, but that's minor.

A single line message on the contact form, with only room for a single medium length sentence also seems a bit limiting :)

Apart from that I think it looks good :)
Hmm, yeah I'll change it to make the entire image a link.

Ah didn't realise about the FireFox problem. Any ideas on what code I should use to fix it?

Thanks for the other feedback, I'll look into it all when I get a second.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

In your stylesheet, add the following to keep the background from scrolling in Firefox:

background-attachment: fixed;
Unless you really don't care about search engines finding and indexing these sites, then SubSpace covered just about everything I see design-wise. However, if search engine placement is important, those Flash menus and spalsh page aren't going to get it done.​
If a search engine bot finds this site via a link from another site, it will hit the splash page and find no content to index, no where to go except to your Emotive Designs site, which is basically a dead end as well. A search engine bot can't follow the Flash link, and even if they could bypass the splash and followed a link directly to the site itself, all those Flash links would lead it nowhere, cause it couldn't see them.​
Not sure if any search engines will index iframe content - they used to ignore them, but I haven't used them in so long I don't know for sure if they have started to do so or not. You might want to do a search for "iframe SEO" or the like if you want to find out. There are search engine friendly ways to do almost exactly the same thing design-wise, using divs instead of iframes, background image rollovers for the menu, etc.​

The site is attractive, but if one of its purposes is to draw attention to the group via search engines, it is definitely lacking.

Sorry for the delay in replying to this topic, completely forgot about it.

Right I've put in place some fixes to what everyone spotted etc;

The breakthe.<removed> url has been removed, and the domain nameservers have at last been set.

I've added the Firefox fix for the bg image, so if someone could let me know if it's sorted it out, that would be great!

I also thought of a way round the Flash / Search Engine Bot problem, which I have implemented and tested using http://www.dead-links.com/

What I've done is created an image which is 1 pixel x 1 pixel, and used this to link to the pages which the Flash menu links to (and obviously targetting the link into the correct frame). What do you reckon? I've placed them at the bottom of the page, and aren't viewable unless you click select all etc.

looks good except the links on the left are hard to see (news hours and profile, i think), because of the tree in the background. I would probably go with a somewhat brighter color than that red so that it contrasts a little better

<script>alert('test');</script>

Cheers for the comments!

I'll have to have a look into the text...I was thinking about putting an outline round them, but it's not too easy in Swish.

Back