Can I install Movable type under windows package ?

I am interested in running a weblogging content management system called Movable Type (http://www.movabletype.org/) winder windows basic account. This system has the following requirements:

* The ability to run custom CGI scripts
* Perl, version 5.004_04 or greater

And, either:

Support for the DB_File Perl module *OR* MySQL & the DBD::mysql module

Does windows account on your service meet these three requirements?

Thank you.

1) yes you can run Custom CGI scripts
2) Yes, we run a higher version than that
3) Yes, both those modules are supported

Barry, did you ever get MovableType installed? I want to do that also and would like to know your success, and how you had to set up your configuration files.

Cheers,
Tim

JhnsnTmthy said:
Barry, did you ever get MovableType installed? I want to do that also and would like to know your success, and how you had to set up your configuration files.

Cheers,
Tim
I'm in the process of installing MT, but for some reason, it doesn't appear the DBD:mysql module is installed on the Windows servers.

JodoHost support - any idea when this module will be installed on the Windows server(s)? According to the mt-check script, it's not installed.

Thanks,
Cory

corydeppen said:
I'm in the process of installing MT, but for some reason, it doesn't appear the DBD:mysql module is installed on the Windows servers.

JodoHost support - any idea when this module will be installed on the Windows server(s)? According to the mt-check script, it's not installed.

Thanks,
Cory
you could try .Text which is a Blog based on .Net and SQL server...

Back