Cannot add domains (Win6)??!!

Anybody else experiencing this problem? I am a reseller who's account is on Win6 and I have been able to add new domains to my account with no problems up until a couple of days ago when I started receiving the following error message:

Failed to add Domain xxxxxxxxxxx.com
Internal Error, Tech Support Was Notified

So I submitted a trouble ticket (BOW-54204-246) and was told by Jodohost Support:

Sun Aug 7 2005 04:19AM by [email protected]

Hello,

You are not able to add new domain through control panel because there are some issues related to hsphere services on win6. We are working on this with PSOFT team and will let you know when it will be resolved so that you will be able to add new domain. Please wait for some more time.

Regards
Nidhi

I then said:

Sun Aug 7 2005 05:27AM by [email protected]

How much more time??? My business is depending upon adding more domains! ...

Then Jodohost replied:

Sun Aug 7 2005 01:41PM by [email protected]

Hello,

We can understand you problem but at this time we need your cooperation on this issue. We can not start hsphere service on the server as it will again cause many other problems.Psoft is reaserching on this and they will us inform us when we can start this service on our server.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

And my latest response:

Mon Aug 8 2005 01:41AM by [email protected]

What can be done? I cannot wait any longer to add domains to my reseller account. How can I or my clients use this account if we cannot add domains to it? It does not make any sense to me. Please either move my reseller acount to a different server or fix the problem immediately!! I cannot wait another day!!!!

This has got to be the most ridiculous problem and series of responses from Jodohost. Talk about casting blame and not taking action...

/Webdeveloper

I see the post to the service outtage of this problem taking 5 minutes to resolve... I don't think so, the problem still exists.

Starting the H-Sphere service on Win6 will break the sites it's currently hosting. Maybe they'll be able to assist in a manual migration to another server though?

The service outage was actually site down, the hsphere service will take down all sites again. Psoft will be working on the server early tomorrow morning.

Stephen, I'll be patient as I have no reason to question your ability to get this problem resolved. I'll wait to hear from you tomorrow with the good news! :)

This is beyond my ability, I had to take the hsphere services to disabled, as they would crash the whole server if left on, and would not allow for a downgrade.

Edit: I understand the need to add a domain, or manage an existing one, and am quite sorry this has gone on as long as it has, I am making every effort to get this done by tomorrow.

Stephen said:
This is beyond my ability, I had to take the hsphere services to disabled, as they would crash the whole server if left on, and would not allow for a downgrade.

Edit: I understand the need to add a domain, or manage an existing one, and am quite sorry this has gone on as long as it has, I am making every effort to get this done by tomorrow.

Well thank you for your sincere reply. I realize you did not create this problem but thank you for taking care of it.

/WebDeveloper

can you create another windows account and add the domain there? I know it's probably not the fix you're looking for, but it may at least get your domain up on another box...

jmbeach said:
can you create another windows account and add the domain there? I know it's probably not the fix you're looking for, but it may at least get your domain up on another box...

This is not a bad idea and would be a good alternative solution. I will definitely consider it if the problem with Win6 does not get resolved this week. Thanks for your suggestion JMBeach!

Back